08-01-2011 08:48 PM
97 1234
tools
    Tell me how to play embedded video and I'll give it a shot and let you know.
    05-26-2011 02:32 PM
    Tell me how to play embedded video and I'll give it a shot and let you know.
    here's the link for example... the one i tried. TF doesnt play it AT ALL, you can hear the sound but video just freezes......

LG Optimus Black review: Black and bright - GSMArena.com
    let me know thanks!
    05-26-2011 02:37 PM
    here's the link for example... the one i tried. TF doesnt play it AT ALL, you can hear the sound but video just freezes......

let me know thanks!
    Ok i got video playback from the link you provided, the guy was playing with his LG phone and it was stunning at 720p in both small window and full screen on the site. Then I double tapped and I was on youtube continuing the same video but this time it took up the whole screen @720p and looked even better, no stutter or buffering,this is on my Xoom. I guess all the lastest upgrades make the difference. That's all I can guess.
    05-26-2011 02:56 PM
    are you able to play 720p flash embedded videos on your xoom after the update? i was searching on the info if honeycomb 3.1 has improved video playback and couldn't find anything, it seems that it really depends on Adobe flash, So if you can play 720p videos imbedded (or in native youtube app) then most likely its an issue with the Asus Transformer itself.... I could be wrong though.... But I have only 14 day window to return my tablet for a full refund and waiting for 3.1 to come out in hope it will improve a performance is a very questionable thing.. i was thinking about Xoom and even played with it two times at verizon store and staples. but its just too thick, heavy and superexpensive.... i'm not gonna pay $600 for a tablet.. heck you can buy a good laptop for that price! (which will play 720p nicely btw) Actually i think i'll wait until tablets cost will be reduced to the netbook level... that just seems more fair to me
    Xoom and Transformer basically weighs the same, maybe a .1 pound difference at most.

At its deepest point they are also exactly the same .5inches
    05-26-2011 03:00 PM
    Ok i got video playback from the link you provided, the guy was playing with his LG phone and it was stunning at 720p in both small window and full screen on the site. Then I double tapped and I was on youtube continuing the same video but this time it took up the whole screen @720p and looked even better, no stutter or buffering,this is on my Xoom. I guess all the lastest upgrades make the difference. That's all I can guess.
    thanks! maybe i'll buy the TF again after the update
    05-26-2011 03:14 PM

let me know thanks!
    I just played that video in the browser at720p with out any problems. I also played it in the youtube app at HQ with out trouble. On my brand new TF. I did havean upate waitingwhen i first powered on which i did install.
    05-26-2011 05:01 PM
    I just played that video in the browser at720p with out any problems. I also played it in the youtube app at HQ with out trouble. On my brand new TF. I did havean upate waitingwhen i first powered on which i did install.
    just made two vids of my TF with samples. posted in "initial thoughts on my TF" thread.
    05-26-2011 06:16 PM
    just made two vids of my TF with samples. posted in "initial thoughts on my TF" thread.
    Yep. And I posted one too over there soooo lets leave the convo there. :-D
    05-26-2011 06:49 PM
    I do have to say typing on the tablet sucks. Its easier to type on my phone. REALLY need to find a keyboard for any more serious typing.
    05-26-2011 06:58 PM
    The TF has ridiculously huge kyeboard, I found that native Honeycomb keyboard is much better especially in portrait mode... but you know..... overall typing experience sucks anyway because of bad screen responsivenes... in either mode...
    05-26-2011 07:02 PM
    Im not seeing that, and that issue seems to only be reported sporatcailly among posters here. So I think that could be indicative of bad hardware?
    05-26-2011 07:19 PM
    Well this device seems to have way to many sporadic issues. And I actually think its both: the bad hardware and immature OS
    05-26-2011 07:25 PM
    I do not seen any lightbleed in a dark room on mine, but maybe I do not know what I am looking for? Tell me if you see any...

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photo...jpg?w=ba8cdf87
    05-26-2011 08:53 PM
    Sold my keyboard dock today. I'm content for now. Need to start building up that bank account again...don't know where my funds went - gas and too much eating fast food probably. I will be on the lookout for the Transformer 2nd generation if it ever comes to fruition. These units just have way too many potential issues for me to feel comfortable. Yeah, $400 may be cheap for a tablet, but in regular money terms, it's still not cheap, especially when you consider all the issues the majority (not all, just large-*** majority) of people are experiencing. Plus, what I wanted it for was the dock, making it ~$550 anyway. Just too much money for this poor college student to throw around right now (my atrix was expensive enough when I got that back at the end of Feb, with its accessories too).

With all this said, though, if a Transformer & its keyboard dock randomly fell into my hands free of charge, I would definitely be very happy. :-P

Hope you guys all enjoy, & who knows, if a 2nd gen comes out, you'll most likely see me back in these parts again! Off to the other forums now.
    05-26-2011 11:38 PM
    if a 2nd gen comes out, you'll most likely see me back in these parts again!
    Cant wait
    05-27-2011 08:26 AM
    I do not seen any lightbleed in a dark room on mine, but maybe I do not know what I am looking for? Tell me if you see any...

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photo...jpg?w=ba8cdf87
    Cant view pic, maybe set to private?
    05-27-2011 11:21 AM
    Cant view pic, maybe set to private?
    hrm. try this link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14242966/IMG...526_215003.jpg
    05-27-2011 04:20 PM
    I just received a replacement and the light bleed is even worse than the previous one, and it was pretty bad. How disappointing. I'm about to give up and return it and wait for another companies offering. I feel like quality control with Asus is non-existent. /sadface
    05-27-2011 06:23 PM
    Wow, that sucks that the TF has such terrible light bleed. You would think with that huge bezel, they could mask off a lot of that light.
    05-27-2011 06:31 PM
    I have a little lightbleed, but I've only noticed it during the boot screen.. other than that, even in a black screen, I don't notice it.
    05-27-2011 09:10 PM
    I still dont see any on mine as that picture shows. Seems like wide range of issues with this.
    05-27-2011 09:37 PM

let me know thanks!
    I can play that clip in full screen( on the browser).
    05-28-2011 04:10 PM
    I have very minor light bleed in the bottom middle of the screen. You really have to look to notice it. I'm extremely happy with the tablet and not going to return it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G
    05-28-2011 07:49 PM
    Yeah light bleed comfirmed here as well ,did exchange,same light bleed+1dead pixel.
    05-30-2011 08:23 AM
    i have a few very tiny minor light bleeds on the bottom panel and 2 on the right..

you can't see them while doing normal tasks, only when the screen is black. dont want to return it though, and get something worse..

still pretty lame how you pay $400 for something and it has a defect.. how are we all just supposed to accept this is normal.. more of a principle based complaint than anything that i have.
    06-01-2011 08:08 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD