Light bleed?

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Im not seeing that, and that issue seems to only be reported sporatcailly among posters here. So I think that could be indicative of bad hardware?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well this device seems to have way to many sporadic issues. And I actually think its both: the bad hardware and immature OS

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sold my keyboard dock today. I'm content for now. Need to start building up that bank account again...don't know where my funds went - gas and too much eating fast food probably. I will be on the lookout for the Transformer 2nd generation if it ever comes to fruition. These units just have way too many potential issues for me to feel comfortable. Yeah, $400 may be cheap for a tablet, but in regular money terms, it's still not cheap, especially when you consider all the issues the majority (not all, just large-ass majority) of people are experiencing. Plus, what I wanted it for was the dock, making it ~$550 anyway. Just too much money for this poor college student to throw around right now (my atrix was expensive enough when I got that back at the end of Feb, with its accessories too).

With all this said, though, if a Transformer & its keyboard dock randomly fell into my hands free of charge, I would definitely be very happy. :p

Hope you guys all enjoy, & who knows, if a 2nd gen comes out, you'll most likely see me back in these parts again! Off to the other forums now.

pixelbat

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Sigh

I just received a replacement and the light bleed is even worse than the previous one, and it was pretty bad. How disappointing. I'm about to give up and return it and wait for another companies offering. I feel like quality control with Asus is non-existent. /sadface

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that sucks that the TF has such terrible light bleed. You would think with that huge bezel, they could mask off a lot of that light.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a little lightbleed, but I've only noticed it during the boot screen.. other than that, even in a black screen, I don't notice it.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have very minor light bleed in the bottom middle of the screen. You really have to look to notice it. I'm extremely happy with the tablet and not going to return it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

nyyankees2k3

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i have a few very tiny minor light bleeds on the bottom panel and 2 on the right..

you can't see them while doing normal tasks, only when the screen is black. dont want to return it though, and get something worse..

still pretty lame how you pay $400 for something and it has a defect.. how are we all just supposed to accept this is normal.. more of a principle based complaint than anything that i have.

Hubb1e

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I get pretty major light bleed. The whole bottom of the screen is lighter than the middle and the right side has three dime and quarter size spots on it. Twisting the chassis makes it worse in some areas, better in others. I also have a creak in the corner of the chassis near the ports that is annoying when you hold the device. No dead or stuck pixels.

The light bleed is noticeable in the menu bar in a moderately lit room. In a dark but still lit room, the whole bottom of the device is brighter than the top and it's particually bad when watching video. Dark scenes are bad, and movies with letterbox clearly show the lightbleed even in a moderately lit room. I'm taking mine back to bestbuy this weekend and see if i can get another. Otherwise, i'm pretty happy with the performance of the device.

FYI, the video playback problem is for high profile h.264 so just encode your videos to low profile and you are all set. You'll just need a little more space for equivalent quality.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
If I had the light bleed issues that many of you report, I would return mine. Thankfully mine shows none, even in a dark room with no lights on at all.

eric1403

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Light bleeding, the saga continues

The first one I had, did not have any light bleeding, but had a speck of dust, very much visible in the screen. I swapped this one for a new one, which is completely dustfree, but does have light bleeds... Am really considering keeping this one though, who know what will be wrong with TF nr 3!

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Got some noticeable light bleed, especially on right and bottom edges, but picked up the 32GB tab as an open box for a significant discount and it is otherwise working great so I'm going to live with it (yeah i would probably be upset if I paid full price given the degree of bleed, but for the buck and a quarter OB discount, I'm in). Probably why the tab was returned in the first place, now that I think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol