sdcard vs removeable

jcpharm

May 2, 2011
Visit site
it's just a naming convention that, in this case, is poorly used. you're right...but now that you know, live with it. it's seriously not that big of a deal.

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
What is the diff between sdcard and removeable? Most of my stuff is in sdcard when my removable is where I want it to be stored.

C'mon people, I know it confusing to you too. It says sdcard in my file mgr but my removeable is actually my mini SD card. What is going on?

So how do set all your new pics to store to the remove able card? Is file mgr the only way?

sdcard is a directory created in the root of the files system. It is your "personal" internal storage. This is the place that android 2.3 and below actually mount the external sdcard, and the place that most apps look to store content and create their own directories.

Removable is the directory in which asus has chosen to mount any external storage. This my change in 3.1 or ics when Google has their own implementation if external storage. We will see.

I run linux, so I am not sure if you can write to removable through the desktop software. So i just use file manager to move files. But as far as I know, there is no way to tell an app to use removable instead of sdcard at this point.

Was in a hurry, but hope that helps.

Reactions: anon(292241)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci