Just bought the Transformer

under999

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Transformer from Best Buy and it should be here next week. I know very little about the Transformer other than it has a dual core processor and a nice screen. What did I get myself into? How does the Transformer stack up to the rest of the Android 3.0 tabs?

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh, it's absolutely appalling. How appalling is what we're filling threads with here in the forum. :)

Only joking; depending on your perceived use case, the kb dock makes it dual purpose, much better at content creation. Without the dock, it has a real nice ips panel, which puts the more expensive tablets to shame!

Congrats in advance (assuming you get one that's gone though QC at some point!)
J

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I was gonna wait a week but I just found myself hitting submit on a 16 gig model while they are in stock. I have a spare 16gb micro sd at home that I will use to get to 32 with the rest of you. Excited but slightly disappointed at my lack of willpower lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna wait a week but I just found myself hitting submit on a 16 gig model while they are in stock. I have a spare 16gb micro sd at home that I will use to get to 32 with the rest of you. Excited but slightly disappointed at my lack of willpower lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Haha same here! Couldn't resist.. i learned about bestbuy availability while reading rss news on my Atrix. So immediatly went on bestbuy site and ordered the 16gb version right from my phone LOL I just hope im not gonna have problmes with light leakage on display as others reported...

TerryD

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I also just ordered one (16GB ver) from Best Buy. Good reviews and low price were enough to make me "impulse" buy a tablet, while still thinking it may not be that useful for me.
Question: Does Netflix support the TF?

caseyatbt

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Will they replace it if it has the light leakage? Also, anyone using Slingplayer. It is one of the more important apps for me.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if netflix is officially supported but there is a modded version on xda that claims to work on anything gingerbread or above. Don't have mine yet but will be trying this ASAP

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
@androidASUS - did you just try the netflix app, or did you try the build.prop edits, or did you try the modded versions of the app on xda by ften? Also, my next step will be to look on this forum and see if there is a thread dedicated to Netflix on this device yet - if there is I will post there if not I will start one - we are getting a smidge off topic. (but I really hope it can work)

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just opened a new thread for the Netflix stuff - mods if there is a good thread on this going elsewhere then feel free to delete mine, but I searched and didn't find any on the device forum yet.

Netflix Thread

@AndroidASUS - In the opening post of that thread I link to an XDA thread that has 3 versions of Netflix APK's that can be sideloaded onto your device - if you have not already could you jump over there and try them and mention in that thread how it goes?

Now back to the topic at hand -

I ordered mine just 12 hours ago and I am already tired of waiting - I think I might be spoiled

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Rolling The Dice

Congrats in advance (assuming you get one that's gone though QC at some point!)
J

Oh crap - now I have that to worry about too! :D Truth be told, since I know Asus is "rushing" to meet demand, it did cross my mind that QC might be getting short shrift...

Of course, that didn't stop me from grabbing a 32gb Transformer from Newegg on Saturday. It was actually in stock longer than 5 minutes :eek: . I saw a demo at my local Micro Center last week (they were out of stock, of course) and just had to have it! I got tired of waiting for Best Buy, HH Gregg, Micro Center, etc. to get the physical tablets in their stores. Also, Newegg has a "Bill Me Later" option (good until May 31st) that sealed the deal!

I got a very pleasant surprise from Newegg last night (on a Sunday, no less) saying that my order has been processed and my Transformer is on the way. I even have that all-important tracking number. Can't wait!!

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine is intransit from Best Buy and should be here on Thursday. Can you get in trouble for over checking your tracking number for any changes? I hope not because I would be in BIG trouble. I am going to go nuts waiting for it to get here.:D:D

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
@carguysc you are getting screwed man, I ordered mine yesterday (a Sunday no less) and not only do I have a shipping notification and tracking number, but mine is slated to get here tomorrow! I am pumped! ( sorry if that is rubbing it in )

I will say that it is dumb luck that I live just north of Cincy and it is shipping from central kentucky so it doesn't have to travel far. Oddly enough for very different reasons there are now both an ipad2 and my transformer set to get here tomorrow. I hope mine gets here first.

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the shipping notification tonight finally. Should be here in two days. Now I have to hammer New egg about the dock I ordered Friday. It still shows processing.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I made an order through Best Buy at 7:20am this morning and chose the fastest shipping method for like $21 because I'm a Premier Silver member and mine is scheduled to arrive before 10:30am tomorrow morning.

Not sure what's going on with your order Carguysc. Did you by chance just choose the standard shipping option? That would explain our orders being shipped before yours.

I'm going to do my own head to head test and return the loser. I have 45 days to return either unit.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I got the shipping notification tonight finally. Should be here in two days. Now I have to hammer New egg about the dock I ordered Friday. It still shows processing.

Glad to hear yours is on the way. I am holding off on the dock for now. Not sure how much it would get used and I am hoping to find one cheap on eBay here in a month or so when someone who grabbed one out of the gate realizes they do not want it. I may be deluded though.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Why those 16 gig units are still on Amazon for $500 or better I don't know.

The thing that is incensing is that Amazon has $550 16GB from no-name ?partners? that are ?fulfilled by Amazon? available for purchase right now, yet the one I ordered from them on launch day was just pushed back another month for delivery.

-Suntan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000