Copy Files from uSD to Internal Memory?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have most of my 32gb internal memory available, but it just dawned on me that I don't have a clue how to copy any files or folders to it from my uSD card to it. The Honeycomb file manager won't permit me to do it.

Hope that someone can enlighten me, and that it is possible, and hopefully easy to without rooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok I suck at giving instructions so bare with me. Once you load you sd card click on the icon down below to bring up your files. Once you locate the file you would like to copy and paste you can either click the pencil icon on the top right or long press the left bottom of the touchpad. It will ask you if you would like to copy, etc. Next, since the file manager is open click on the file tab icon on the right to get back into the internal memory of the file manager. There is a file titled sdcard, which I have been using to store you can just create a file as well. Once you have opened the file you want to save file just click the clipboard /paste icon that should be in the top right corner. Hope that helps and I don't confuse you to much,lol.

Reactions: vicw926a4

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You did a fine job with your instructions. I had been trying the same process, except that I thought the /Sdcard directory was an external location reserved for the mounting of an Sdcard in the keyboard, and the system wouldn't let me add a new one, so I never tried to copy anything to it.

Apparently /Sdcard must be in the internal memory - I'm copying over 11gb of pictures to it, and it must be going someplace. I'll verify the memory after I finish the process, but I'm pretty confident it's working.

I wonder if this procedure is documented anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have most of my 32gb internal memory available, but it just dawned on me that I don't have a clue how to copy any files or folders to it from my uSD card to it. The Honeycomb file manager won't permit me to do it.

Hope that someone can enlighten me, and that it is possible, and hopefully easy to without rooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
For help with Android Settings, features, and apps click the Getting Started button at the top of any thread ↓

Click the Copy & Sync Music, Photos, and documents to your phone section link for step-by-step instructions.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks MiloMinderBinder. Appreciate the link. It seems that the info on that link is really set up to assist mobile users rather than Honeycomb on tablets, though. In any case, I'm now up to speed on the procedure for copy/pasting from the uSD to internal memory directly on the tablet using Honeycomb.