charger gets really hot

seeker1321

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Was charging my Transformer tonight, and I reached down and touched the charger, it felt very hot, Was wondering if anyone else had noticed their charger being hot, is it supposed to behave like that?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Same here. It got pretty warm on the first full charge, but not as much since then. I figure it was operating in rapid charge, using the 15v output for an extended period. It was never so hot that I was really concerned.

What has amazed me since I got it on Wednesday, is that I use it on and off all day (mostly with the keyboard attached), and it still shows in the mid 90% range at the end of the evenings.

I know having the keyboard battery running in parallel may be causing a false high reading, but still, I like it. I don't think I could deplete it all in a single day. I'm really pleased with that, along with everything else I have the TF. It's a winner.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gwartan

May 23, 2011
Visit site
there is a post concerning the charger over at XDA about it not being polarized. Look at the charger. allign the last S in Asus with the larger socket in the wall ( for US users ) and check how hot it gets again. Mine was like this till i started making sure i plugged it in like this.