gorilla glass? maybe with scratches.

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
To those that asked, yes it was an 'edge drop'

It doesnt bother me that much, but i will fix it when that is an option. I emailed Asus a few days ago....no response so far other that the autoresponder

meeko350

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I immediately bought a square trade warranty with accident (drop) protection when I received mine & had a 30% off coupon. I'm pretty clumsy with my gadgets. I've already dropped it twice. If anyone else has the same problem, you have 30 days to buy the warranty.

Reactions: lynette

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well that blows. May want to try and return it. Wouldn't be so difficult if you bought it online and came shipped. Just claim it was damaged in transit.
No offense, but people like you are why costs keep going up. You come up with some BS reason as to why you didn't break it but someone else did to get it replaced for free. You need to start owning up to your own mistakes and pay for them.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Stearic on this one. There's just a plain lack of honesty in lots of things we either do, or if we're honest, think of doing.

I don't know about the US (and rest of the world, for that matter) but here in UK, too many people know their 'rights' but refuse to accept their responsibilities.

Having said that, I completely understand what you're saying, pixelbat, so like steric, no offence intended!
Jon

ragebunny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but people like you are why costs keep going up. You come up with some BS reason as to why you didn't break it but someone else did to get it replaced for free. You need to start owning up to your own mistakes and pay for them.

I totally see where both of you are coming from....

It is dishonest, but at the same time, i tend not to believe that if people didn't do it that prices would drop.

Either way you should keep on to Asus about it because the Gorilla glass as being so strong and apparently, its not. So maybe you'll get something out of it, like a repair or even some sort of discount. I think you are entitled to it. I mean if you dropped it from standing up then it would be your problem, but it didn't fall from very far.

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

It is dishonest, but at the same time, i tend not to believe that if people didn't do it that prices would drop.

Either way you should keep on to Asus about it because the Gorilla glass as being so strong and apparently, its not. So maybe you'll get something out of it, like a repair or even some sort of discount. I think you are entitled to it. I mean if you dropped it from standing up then it would be your problem, but it didn't fall from very far.

I dropped it. Cant prove from wht distance, so that isnt an option...

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. A small percentage of people are dishonest and that wouldnt affect pricing. I couldnt sleep at night knowing i did something like that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech