10-22-2011 07:11 AM
126 ... 3456
tools
    if u are on this site....u need to just do the leaked version. we`re all hackers and early adopters.
    05-31-2011 07:10 PM
    are you saying the offical update of 3.1 isn't any good? Not sure I understand you english...
    Not necessarily, but when the Evo update was leaked a few days early there were some minor differences/bugs between that and the OTA. When the OTA was finally released, people who jumped the gun and did the leaked "unofficial" official release couldn't update to the final one because the phone thought it was already up to date. Those who impatiently updated a few days early on their own (myself included) had to bring our phones into Sprint to have them essentially reloaded with the correct update.

For that reason alone, I'll never again load a leaked update manually.
    05-31-2011 08:07 PM
    Huh, I have done early updates on almost every Android device I have ever owned and have always found a way via AC or XDA to get back to stock or drop back to an earlier version myself if I really needed to.

To each his own, and a little patience never hurts, but this update smooths enough rough edges that I think it is worth it.

Hopefully you all get the OTA tomorrow and this is a moot point.
    05-31-2011 09:03 PM
    Not necessarily, but when the Evo update was leaked a few days early there were some minor differences/bugs between that and the OTA. When the OTA was finally released, people who jumped the gun and did the leaked "unofficial" official release couldn't update to the final one because the phone thought it was already up to date. Those who impatiently updated a few days early on their own (myself included) had to bring our phones into Sprint to have them essentially reloaded with the correct update.

For that reason alone, I'll never again load a leaked update manually.
    This is an example of what I was speaking about. This is why I will never use an early update.
    05-31-2011 09:21 PM
    This discussionis moot. Honeycomb 3.1 is now out
    05-31-2011 09:42 PM
    I can resize resize widgets just fine and movies are a Verizon Xoom exclusive for now.
    Yeah, I rebooted and the wiget thing works fine... Sad that there are no Google movies thiough... Oh well
    06-01-2011 07:15 AM
    is that update safe? cuz i dont want to mess up my phone
    06-01-2011 08:11 AM
    is that update safe? cuz i dont want to mess up my phone
    No need at this point, the update is rolling out via OTA. Just go into settings, about tablet, and system updates, check for update.
    06-01-2011 08:15 AM
    Can someone upload the leaked 3.1 update again? I installed the leaked 3.1 update past Saturday but was having random reboots. So I downgrade it to 3.0.1. Now I'm having some "FC" error messages when I rebooted my TF. It cannot even check for updates now without a "FC". I am thinking about installing the leaked 3.1 manually, hopefully it will resolve the FC issue.

Mike
    06-01-2011 01:24 PM
    if u are on this site....u need to just do the leaked version. we`re all hackers and early adopters.
    Speak for yourself, some of us just like to be well informed.
    06-01-2011 01:35 PM
    Can someone upload the leaked 3.1 update again? I installed the leaked 3.1 update past Saturday but was having random reboots. So I downgrade it to 3.0.1. Now I'm having some "FC" error messages when I rebooted my TF. It cannot even check for updates now without a "FC". I am thinking about installing the leaked 3.1 manually, hopefully it will resolve the FC issue.

Mike
    Doh!
    I did the same thing and re-applying US_epad-user-8.4.4.5.zip fixes it.
    Just copy the zip file to your MicroSD card.
    Make sure you put it in folder structure ASUS/Update/US_epad-user-8.4.4.5.zip

I have uploaded it here:
    US_epad-user-8.4.4.5.zip

Will PM you in case this link gets deleted...
    06-01-2011 02:07 PM
    okay so whats will all the deal going on here... lol

Its just a leaked update, dont see why people are reporting that this leak wipes your date. All you do follow the instruction, even though it says 5 secs or something. just read the white sentences and if it says looking for something press volume up, I got the update from Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! there DOWNLOAD: Android Honeycomb 3.1 update for ASUS Transformer - Tablet-News.net | Tablet-News.net

If you are rooted DO NOT flash this update, or update your device, common sense.

if you are scare that you might "brick" your device, get real, the reason why you need to ROOT is protect your idiots from bricking your phones and because companies are mean baka evil enitities who dont want to get free tethering and all that good stuff. so there is really no way you can brick your device by updateting to this leak. The worse you guys can do is factory reset your device but its not like you didnt back up right?
    06-01-2011 03:29 PM
    Dont expect amazing changes, really the only thing worth pointing out is you can resize widgets. Quite honestly, not much of an update. there is no real performance upgrades or any of that good stuff. Best transaction was 2.1 to 2.2 now THAT was a awesome update.

You can use you pc and console controllers but only via USB and if you dont have a USB adapter or the dock, really not that much of a deal. The unlock feature works smoother now . Its still lags when switching pages.... app page still doesnt as quick as you thought it would.........
    06-01-2011 03:34 PM
    okay so whats will all the deal going on here... lol

Its just a leaked update, dont see why people are reporting that this leak wipes your date. All you do follow the instruction, even though it says 5 secs or something. just read the white sentences and if it says looking for something press volume up, I got the update from Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! there DOWNLOAD: Android Honeycomb 3.1 update for ASUS Transformer - Tablet-News.net | Tablet-News.net

If you are rooted DO NOT flash this update, or update your device, common sense.

if you are scare that you might "brick" your device, get real, the reason why you need to ROOT is protect your idiots from bricking your phones and because companies are mean baka evil enitities who dont want to get free tethering and all that good stuff. so there is really no way you can brick your device by updateting to this leak. The worse you guys can do is factory reset your device but its not like you didnt back up right?

The official OTA has been released, no reason to do this now. Just let it go man LOL
    06-01-2011 06:28 PM
    I think a bunch of us weren't expecting the rapid continuance to the factory reset and wipe if we didn't hit the up button quick enough. I know I like to read what's on the screen so by the time I read it, it was too late and the reset/wipe process had started. I was like, damnit.

Also, there should be a simple, non-rooted way to back up on board storage. So used to everything being saved to my microSD card and flashing, wiping and such without losing files. But it doesn't seem to be that way with onboard "dynamic" memory, which is a bit of a pain. I should be able to pop an SD card in the dock and do some sort of one click.
    06-01-2011 06:59 PM
    Can anyone who updated with the offical, OTA update confirm if movie rentals are available through the market on your Transformer?

Thanks
    06-01-2011 07:52 PM
    Can anyone who updated with the offical, OTA update confirm if movie rentals are available through the market on your Transformer?

Thanks
    There is a thread on this already : http://forum.androidcentral.com/asus...le-movies.html

Short answer is no.
    06-01-2011 09:08 PM
    The official OTA has been released, no reason to do this now. Just let it go man LOL

well, I live in the west and my friends asus tablet hasnt gotten it yet......... I couldnt wait and just decided to flash this leak version and it working
    06-01-2011 11:38 PM
    Doh!
    I did the same thing and re-applying US_epad-user-8.4.4.5.zip fixes it.
    Just copy the zip file to your MicroSD card.
    Make sure you put it in folder structure ASUS/Update/US_epad-user-8.4.4.5.zip

I have uploaded it here:
    US_epad-user-8.4.4.5.zip

Will PM you in case this link gets deleted...
    Thanks a lot. I was able to reinstall the "Leaked 3.1" update again. But I'm having less random reboots now. But when I dock to the keyboard dock, it still reboots randomly. Two times already today. four times yesterday.

Mike
    06-03-2011 11:52 PM
    Thanks a lot. I was able to reinstall the "Leaked 3.1" update again. But I'm having less random reboots now. But when I dock to the keyboard dock, it still reboots randomly. Two times already today. four times yesterday.

Mike
    What are the first 4 digits of your serial number?
    I have discovered that early builds with B40K have more issues than the later builds with B50K.
    06-04-2011 07:58 AM
    What are the first 4 digits of your serial number?
    I have discovered that early builds with B40K have more issues than the later builds with B50K.
    That is an interesting thought. I wonder if the same holds true for other issues like lightbleed. Mine starts with B50KA and I have no lightbleed at all.
    06-04-2011 08:32 AM
    That is an interesting thought. I wonder if the same holds true for other issues like lightbleed. Mine starts with B50KA and I have no lightbleed at all.
    No, I've had three B50K Transformers and they all had some sort of light bleed.

So, if you are powering on your Transformer in a dark room, you don't see any light blotches around any of the edges during the boot process?
    06-04-2011 08:38 AM
    No, I've had three B50K Transformers and they all had some sort of light bleed.

So, if you are powering on your Transformer in a dark room, you don't see any light blotches around any of the edges during the boot process?

None. I specifically went into a windowless room and turned off all the lights to check this. Others have reported no lightbleed also, so I am not alone.
    06-04-2011 09:24 AM
    None. I specifically went into a windowless room and turned off all the lights to check this. Others have reported no lightbleed also, so I am not alone.
    Can you please send me your Transformer and I will swap it out with mine.
    06-04-2011 09:40 AM
    Can you please send me your Transformer and I will swap it out with mine.
    For $1000 plus shipping, sure.
    06-04-2011 02:13 PM
126 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD