3.1 OTA Update has arrived

harryzwd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
11:58 here in nj and update downloaded and installed! Very first impression is that overall everything feels much snappier...

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Things I've noticed after the 3.1 FOTA Upda

- Launching, closing, and switching between apps via Recent Apps list feels snappier
- Browser now has a big fat scrollbar which is very finger friendly :)
- The Recent Apps List can now hold more apps and you can scroll through them now
- Pressing HOME now takes you to the last home page you were on
- YouTube HD videos are much more clear, crisp, and hi-res, and they play very smooth
- I see blinking arrows on the wifi icon, which I assume means data coming through
- Docking keyboard is still sluggish (I'm using it right now and it's lagging)

Still need to play with it some more, but so far I'm liking this update.

SlickMoney

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have their bookmark widget get broken? Mine is not displaying anything since the update.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I never did have the bookmark widget before the update, but I just put it up after the update and it's showing up fine for me. I can even resize it vertically. Would've been nice if it allow us to resize it horizontally.

I'm assuming you already tried removing and adding the bookmark widget again?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly downloading. Its been sitting at the exclamation point screen for about 5 mins.. we will see

For some reason, i don't remember seeing an exclamation point when I was doing the update. Maybe I was just too excited that I didn't notice. :p My update took less than 10 min.

SlickMoney

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I never did have the bookmark widget before the update, but I just put it up after the update and it's showing up fine for me. I can even resize it vertically. Would've been nice if it allow us to resize it horizontally.

I'm assuming you already tried removing and adding the bookmark widget again?

Unfortunately it seems something was just wrong with my install. Was a good excuse to do a full wipe and reorganize everything. Lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

chsszc

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My gmail widget disappeared. I searched through all of my widgets and it is not even a selectable choice. Anyone else have this happen. The one the I had on one of my home screens disappeared also....Odd.

edge252

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My gmail widget disappeared. I searched through all of my widgets and it is not even a selectable choice. Anyone else have this happen. The one the I had on one of my home screens disappeared also....Odd.

Yeah, my Gmail widget disappeared as well. Over on XDA, this seems to be a pretty common issue, although not everyone was affected for some reason. Hopefully Asus will get this fixed pretty quick, since that was the widget I was most looking forward to resizing...

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my Gmail widget disappeared as well. Over on XDA, this seems to be a pretty common issue, although not everyone was affected for some reason. Hopefully Asus will get this fixed pretty quick, since that was the widget I was most looking forward to resizing...

Yep, same here.

Seven_Speed

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So I'm at work can't do the update for my TF ... DAMMIT !!!! but I have u guys so tell me guys . Can we resize the widget. How is the the response time ? For me it don't pick up my touch sometimes but its been doing good recently . So is that issue gone ?

BUNK

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Got my new TF from B&H yesterday and within hours of turning it on the 3.1 update and the dock update were available. Smoothed things out and so far I don't know of anything negative happening.
Love this thing!

Last edited:

dzz88danny

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I got the 3.1. After setting up the proxy at work, except the browser, email, skype, etc does not work.
How to configure mail/youtub and other app using the proxy ?