3.1 installed.... what difference should I see?

asaulo1#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
was able to download and install the 3.1 update late last night... was only able to play around with it for an hour or so... aside from it being a little snappier, are there any other features that were added/enabled for this update? the apps that I usually use (email, FB, browser) all seems to be about the same, maybe the browser is a little faster, so I'm wondering if there should be a noticeable difference with this release... what are your thoughts?

sloked

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The YouTube app is fixed! First thing I checked and you can now play HD videos nice and smooth. Almost was going to return if they didn't fix this, because what good is a tablet if you cannot show off awesome videos. I also noticed the gesture buttons on the browser have changed to be more functional and less confusing.

rakibby

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
browser also received a new slider on the right hand side for scrolling

wifi shows little arrows now when its either uploading or downloading

overall it seems quicker when loading pages. so far i really like what i see.

asaulo1#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't come across the slider as of yet... how about the gesture buttons that people seem to have.... how do you activate that?
browser also received a new slider on the right hand side for scrolling

wifi shows little arrows now when its either uploading or downloading

overall it seems quicker when loading pages. so far i really like what i see.

gavinv

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
New Features

was able to download and install the 3.1 update late last night... was only able to play around with it for an hour or so... aside from it being a little snappier, are there any other features that were added/enabled for this update? the apps that I usually use (email, FB, browser) all seems to be about the same, maybe the browser is a little faster, so I'm wondering if there should be a noticeable difference with this release... what are your thoughts?

One of the best new features is the full screen browser. To enable it, open your browser and go to settings, then Labs, then check the quick controls box.
Now if you want to access any buttons or controls in your browser, simply drag your finger in from the left or right side of the screen and a menu wheel will come up.
Really neat browsing experience.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is 3.1 is mainly optimizations and bug fixes. 3.0 was rushed out way to early, and Google is finally fixing that mistake.

palomosan

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The only thing missing is the Movies Tab on the Market, anyone has it or is it just me?

Edit guys, just saw the tab on my Transformer.

janesa13

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing missing is the Movies Tab on the Market, anyone has it or is it just me?

Edit guys, just saw the tab on my Transformer.

How did you find the movies tab in market? I thought google movies is only available for xoom for now. I don't see it on my market app.

janesa13

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That's true but you still can't watch it on the tablet unless you have the xoom.
The movie tab in rhe website is mainly for watching on the pc

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
new movie studio app as well

change log:

Android 3.1 Platform | Android Developers

see the 3.1 platform highlights to for summary

edit: interesting: "A new high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off. Users can take advantage of this to play continuous streamed music, video, and voice services for long periods, even when the device is otherwise idle and the screen is off."

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech