Im confused... you can use stylus with asus?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So I was scowling the web for accessories for the asus transformer, and I found a number of capacitive pens that can be used with tablet. I was in disbelief because I thought that only the flyer had this ability ad so I searched youtube for some videos and sure enough I found users using a stylus on their Asus transformer tablet! Im still kind of in shock, because I thought that HTC's whole push for the flyer was because it had stylus functionality, but if the Asus has it and Im guessing seemingly every tablet has the ability, why is HTC making it seem like Gods gift from heaven...?

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I never had a use for a stylus so I never paid much attention to whether they could be used or not. Before getting the TF, I was looking at the Toshiba Tab that was announced around the first of the year (and I see is finally coming out next month - too late for me). However, I bookmarked the 'Coming Soon' Staples site for the Toshiba and one of the accessories they show for that tab, is a stylus. I think HTC's big hoopla is because they have some software that allows the stylus to take handwritten notes, mark up documents, etc. Maybe you can do that on any tablet - again, not my thing, so I'm not sure.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I believe they partnered with ever note and they may have integrated a bit more but nothing to go spend an extra 100 plus 80 (for stylus I believe) shoulder shrug...

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I will definitely be buying one if those and use it for taking notes and such. Is there anything the transformer doesn't do? B-)

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep, the Flyer's over-priced stylus adds a few buttons and some software that allows you to mark up the screen in basically any app - all of the demos I have seen were underwhelming - that is unless you have really bought into the powerful world of evernote - if this is you then you might love it

I use evernote, but I do not live or die by it - any capactive stylus will work on any capacitive screen regardless of brand, etc. Heck, you can even use a slim jim or cheese stick, but I would not advise it as they leave worse marks than your fingers by far - lol

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The HTC flyer stylus uses an active digitizer which communicates with the tablet so the stylus can use a finer tip, and also the flyer has palm recognition so u can rest your palm on the tablet while writing.

The capacative styluses which will work with any capacative touchscreen such as iphone, android hone, tablet, ipad simply mimics the finger as input to the screen. These stylus are much cheaper and dont require battery, however these can not have fine tips bc the screen ony recognizes 6mm and bigger inputs. most styus u see will be around 8mm tips. also there is no palm recognition technology so u cant rest ur palm on the tablet.

I am currently using a rocketfish stylus from best buy on my transformer, its 16 dollars and for the price it is the best capacative stylus imo. i have used the targus and boxwave and they are just a bit short for my liking. Rocketfish also makes a stylus with a pen on one end and stylus on other which is like 22 bucks. Waccom, the active digitizer company also released a capacative stylus called the bamboo stylus which has a 6mm tip compared to 8mm that most companies sell, i havent used it but ive heard it is really good, but it is a bit priceier around 30 bucks.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Quite right. I bought that one I mentioned above and it does have a 6mm stylus. However, its supposedly longer than some of the others and thus easier to control.
Jon

Reactions: Mac58

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Quite right. I bought that one I mentioned above and it does have a 6mm stylus. However, its supposedly longer than some of the others and thus easier to control.
Jon
yea most of em are too short, or too thin (pogo) so i like the rocketfish bc it is about length and weight of a normal pen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma