Two Transformer Problems

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Turned the transformer on for the first time late last night. Couldn't get the keyboard on the pad to come up. Mated with the dock, but it didn't really fit right no matter how much I tried. The release button didn't go all the way back to the right. Gave up and went to bed.

This morning the pad came on in lock screen. It won't respond to any touches, which means I can't do a normal shut down because I can't press "OK". Others have been able to get around this by accepting "OK" on the dock keyboard. Unfortunately mine still doesn't seem to mate properly.

Sure hate to have to return this already. Any ideas?

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My dock was a bit stiff to start with, and needed some force, but carefully in the right direction to get the latch to snap into plac

Sorry that's the only help I can be.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
also if u just hold the power button for really long it will turn off the tf with no need to hit the ok. my screen had stopped responding to touch 2 weeks ago and i had to restart it about 5 times before it started working agian. havent had the same issue for two weeks so hopefuly it isnt recurring.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
My dock was a bit stiff to start with, and needed some force, but carefully in the right direction to get the latch to snap into plac

Sorry that's the only help I can be.
Thanks for the suggestion about the stiff dock. Now I am able to use the keyboard for a while before it hangs up. Also able to reboot to the recovery console, but that didn't help with the touch screen. Think I need to get on line and do the update.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
What a hassel. Even with the keyboard docked, the whole thing would lock up after just a couple of operations. It was hairy finally getting wifi working with my router, because of frequent lock ups. Eventually downloaded the update and now everything works.

vfrjim

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked fine right from the get go, did the 3.1 update first with the TF, after that , connected the KB and it told me that it needed to do the KB update and that I could not use if for a few minutes. After that, it was perfect.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a few issues too when I firt got it. Since the 3.1 update they have not reappeared.

The browser still gets a little lazy every once in a while, but restarting the device periodically minimizes that.

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude