PdaNet

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
did *not* work for me.

my phone is Droid X at 2.3.3 gingerbread.

both tablet apps start, proxy set, bluetooth recognized, connection failed.

did you use USB tether instead of bluetooth?

vdpluijm

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
no usb tether, but tablet and phone were previously bluetooth-paired (although "not connected" may be the status on tablet). did the process twice, from scratch; then it worked. not sure if it matters, but restarting phone and tablet before first use might be useful.

Reactions: olam123

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Woohoo! Works for me (HTC EVO to Transformer).

I already had PdaNet 3.0 on the EVO for Bluetooth tethering to my PC, but THAT version won't work here ... you need to install PdaNet Tablet on both devices.

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
also curious. i am on verizon, maybe i am getting special love from them?

is your carrier vzw?
======
UPDATE:
(1) When i connect my TF bluetooth to the Droid X bluetooth, the phone says: "Connected to panu" and the tablet just says "Connected"
(2) On phone, enable PDA server, allow discover. On tablet discover new phones, click on phone to connect.
(3) Tablet says "Connected!!!", Bytes: 0/0, Activities: 2/2
(4) Phone pops dialog: "Internet sharing request" title, Allow <tablet> to access internet sharing service? ([ ] always) Yes or No.
(5) Select Yes on phone. Immediately the tablet pops dialog: PdaNet Message: "bad receive". OK
(6) On phone, bluetooth settings, phone now says: "Connected to phone modem".
(7) Tablet fails to connect to internet.

Further attempts to #2..#4 result in tablet dialog: PdaNet Message title, "Fail to connect to Bluetooth server (java.io.IOException: Device or resource busy).

Basically, it does not work on my Droid X running gingerbread on vzw. :(

Thanks for replies!

Last edited:

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V would work with TF? I'd give up my VM blackberry if it does!

Yes it does. I haven't used my extensively, but I have used it some (using the hotspot widget on my Optimus V, setup with WPA2 encryption) and haven't had any issues. For reference, my Optimus V is rooted, running Rodimus Rom with Bumblebee kernel, although I don't see why stock wouldn't work fine as well.

Reactions: lynette

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Working!!! PdaNet v1.0.5 on Droid X, vzw, with TF tablet

There is a new version, update both phone and tablet to v1.0.5.

But, the new version does *not* work (unless sneaky hack below to make it work):

With version v1.0.5 PdaNet Tablet, after my #5 step above there is no error message on the tablet. But, the browser does not work (yet) so you need a workaround.

The workaround is to add a step #8. Go to the PdaNet Tablet, on the tablet, click Set Network Proxy, and click Clear button, and Save button. What!!!?!!! Yes. That is what I said. You clear the proxy, AFTER you have already connected and followed all the steps. You HAVE to have the proxy set to connect first.

THEN it works fine. I can browse via bluetooth, check email, and importantly use Google Maps. :)

WARNING: PdaNet Tablet is BETA software, so version v1.0.5 just came out a couple hours ago for me. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

====
UPDATE:
You have to do step #8 immediately after the other steps, and *before* navigating away from the PdaNet Tablet application to check the browser (for example). If you navigate away before step #8 this trick does *not* work. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: quadcam#CB

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
@Feldhege

Once you get the tablet version, it is pretty flaky (or my test cases are incomplete or both). I have restarted my phone and connected bluetooth first to get best results. But, it only connects about 33% of the time. If I figure out a sure way to make v1.0.5 work I will post. But, eventually, it *does* work.

I will definitely check barnacle because it is a slight PITA to work with PdaNet Tablet beta with my Droid X on vzw (too much trial and error).

Good luck!

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yippy woo how will try it on the acer iconica and evo as soon as I can run out it a WiFi location and download it on the iconia before it too vanishes.
Thank you pdanet, thanks for the tip fellow acus tablet users from us acer owners who would have bought an acus if we could found one lol

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
PdaNet Tablet is now on version 1.0.6.

I have my processing working about 80% now, with only minor modifications of the above steps. One of the main differences is to reconnect and disconnect the bluetooth from the tablet 3x before starting. If it fails, reset the bluetooth on the phone, stop and start on tablet, and attempt to connect and disconnect 3x again. Stop after the 3rd successful connection.

Note: I have seen the bluetooth hang during the 3x attempts. Doing the connection at least three times insures you have working connections on both ends, e.g. it has to be working to reconnect. Its sort of a brute force method to insure good bluetooth connection. ;)

Then do the steps above, and insure you do step #8 before navigating away from PdaNet. I get internet via the browser, maps, skype, etc. about 80%+ success now. If you made a mistake you will see it quickly in the browser using PdaNet Tablet v1.0.6.

Good luck.

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It works fine on Evo & Acer Iconia no problem, follow the onscreen instructions to connect, MAKE SURE you clear the proxy before closing the program.

kmdames

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
PDANet Tablet app seems to be blocked on Android market on Sprint. Any suggestion for getting the Tablet version of the app to the phone? The PC version can be pushed to the phone, but don't see that on the tablet version. Thanks!

immy63

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Transformer with PDAnet v 1.06 trying to use Internet connected AT&T Blackberry Curve with PDAnet on it. No Joy. Tried several times. It does say that it's "Connected" Bytes 0/0, Activities: 4/4, Battery: 99%. The online doc say to uncheck "Dial-Up Networking" under bluetooth options. I've done that but get an error. The only way it connects is with DUN checked.

BTW: I can get my latop to use DUN via bluetooth connected to my Blackberry so I know the connection on my phone does work.

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks

firehawkns

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Transformer with PDAnet v 1.06 trying to use Internet connected AT&T Blackberry Curve with PDAnet on it. No Joy. Tried several times. It does say that it's "Connected" Bytes 0/0, Activities: 4/4, Battery: 99%. The online doc say to uncheck "Dial-Up Networking" under bluetooth options. I've done that but get an error. The only way it connects is with DUN checked.

BTW: I can get my latop to use DUN via bluetooth connected to my Blackberry so I know the connection on my phone does work.

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks

I am having the same issues. Is your Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass greyed out or unchecked? I am trying to see if I can get the company to allow these and see if that fixes my issue, but they probably won't as it looks like they block these in the BES. :(

*Edit This is also on a Transformer.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay