Swype?

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
For me, in Polaris Office, document, it works in landscape. But, not in a browser URL.

Maybe some apps have it enabled, and others do not? I am confused.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes indeed, it's got swype. Works great in portrait mode haven't tried if in landscape mode yet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Technically its not swype (as in the name brand). The stock Asus keyboard has the ability to trace words, but its slower, and IMO not as good in terms of speed, prediction and overall experience.

I find even a 7 incher too much realestate to trace words a la swype. Swype will come stock on the new Sammy tabs as Samsung has an OEM deal with swype

I am using thumb keyboard exclusively now.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a swype beta account and have been using it on my rooted Samsung Fascinated, but it will not load on my Transformer.

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a swype beta account and have been using it on my rooted Samsung Fascinated, but it will not load on my Transformer.

The beta allows for one activation per account per device. Ihavent tried but I would be surprised if it didn't work. Did you deactivate your other device before installing swype on your TF?

Reactions: AnnDroid

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Frustrating, I kept getting "Sorry you're not on an Android Phone". It must have been a setting in the default browser and in Dolphin, because it's downloading in Firefox.

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It took me about 10 tries to install, including one uninstall. But, swype beta works now.

I like it because it has a small keyboard button, shrinking the keyboard so you can swype. :)
It is way faster than the Asus swype and better word recognition, more features.
It goes off when docking, and back on when undocking.

Overall, PITA to install, but great to use. It is beta at the moment.

Good luck.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Frustrating, I kept getting "Sorry you're not on an Android Phone". It must have been a setting in the default browser and in Dolphin, because it's downloading in Firefox.

I got that to until i went into settings, advanced, user agent string, then select tablet.:)

ksmith0034

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I Just installed swype 3.0 beta on my transformer. Install was smooth, and the keyboard is the best one I have used yet- very accurate. I like that you can change the size of the keyboard.
However, Swype may not be for everybody. It takes some getting used to. I have it on my evo and love it.

harryzwd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
definitely a step up from the default keyboard. and don't forget, the little "key" to the right lets you shrink or expand the keyboard - i actually like it shrunk, makes it much easier to type and swype in a small area rather than the full large keyboard.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
definitely a step up from the default keyboard. and don't forget, the little "key" to the right lets you shrink or expand the keyboard - i actually like it shrunk, makes it much easier to type and swype in a small area rather than the full large keyboard.

Yeah I love Swype on the phone but the screen size of a tablet kept me away from Swype, that is until
they made one for HC and re-sizable keyboard.
Loving Swype on the TF.:)