I just ordered my Asus and didn't know if Swype is there by default or if it is even available. Does anyone know?

Thanks
    06-07-2011 05:46 PM
    I just ordered my Asus and didn't know if Swype is there by default or if it is even available. Does anyone know?

Thanks
    Yes it is. Works great although the keyboard in landscape is big!
    06-07-2011 07:03 PM
    Mine doesn't work in landscape but works great portrait.
    06-07-2011 07:42 PM
    For me, in Polaris Office, document, it works in landscape. But, not in a browser URL.

Maybe some apps have it enabled, and others do not? I am confused.
    06-07-2011 11:09 PM
    Yes indeed, it's got swype. Works great in portrait mode haven't tried if in landscape mode yet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 11:13 PM
    Technically its not swype (as in the name brand). The stock Asus keyboard has the ability to trace words, but its slower, and IMO not as good in terms of speed, prediction and overall experience.

I find even a 7 incher too much realestate to trace words a la swype. Swype will come stock on the new Sammy tabs as Samsung has an OEM deal with swype

I am using thumb keyboard exclusively now.
    06-07-2011 11:28 PM
    If you sign up for the Swype Beta, you should be able to download on any device.
    06-08-2011 06:11 AM
    I have a swype beta account and have been using it on my rooted Samsung Fascinated, but it will not load on my Transformer.
    06-11-2011 06:00 AM
    I have a swype beta account and have been using it on my rooted Samsung Fascinated, but it will not load on my Transformer.
    The beta allows for one activation per account per device. Ihavent tried but I would be surprised if it didn't work. Did you deactivate your other device before installing swype on your TF?
    AnnDroid likes this.
    06-11-2011 02:00 PM
    Swype 3.0 gets Honeycomb support, intense promo video (video) -- Engadget

I just installed the beta on my transformer. It's working great. I previously used it on an Evo, and I'm finding that it works very well on a tablet too.
    06-14-2011 05:35 AM
    Frustrating, I kept getting "Sorry you're not on an Android Phone". It must have been a setting in the default browser and in Dolphin, because it's downloading in Firefox.
    06-14-2011 08:48 AM
    It took me about 10 tries to install, including one uninstall. But, swype beta works now.

I like it because it has a small keyboard button, shrinking the keyboard so you can swype.
    It is way faster than the Asus swype and better word recognition, more features.
    It goes off when docking, and back on when undocking.

Overall, PITA to install, but great to use. It is beta at the moment.

Good luck.
    06-14-2011 10:06 AM
    Frustrating, I kept getting "Sorry you're not on an Android Phone". It must have been a setting in the default browser and in Dolphin, because it's downloading in Firefox.
    I got that to until i went into settings, advanced, user agent string, then select tablet.
    06-14-2011 10:38 AM
    I Just installed swype 3.0 beta on my transformer. Install was smooth, and the keyboard is the best one I have used yet- very accurate. I like that you can change the size of the keyboard.
    However, Swype may not be for everybody. It takes some getting used to. I have it on my evo and love it.
    06-14-2011 08:36 PM
    It is working great over here. Installed it as soon as I go the transformer.
    06-14-2011 09:36 PM
    definitely a step up from the default keyboard. and don't forget, the little "key" to the right lets you shrink or expand the keyboard - i actually like it shrunk, makes it much easier to type and swype in a small area rather than the full large keyboard.
    06-15-2011 01:29 PM
    definitely a step up from the default keyboard. and don't forget, the little "key" to the right lets you shrink or expand the keyboard - i actually like it shrunk, makes it much easier to type and swype in a small area rather than the full large keyboard.
    Yeah I love Swype on the phone but the screen size of a tablet kept me away from Swype, that is until
    they made one for HC and re-sizable keyboard.
    Loving Swype on the TF.
    06-15-2011 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD