save dvd's to play on transformer.

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
What is a good program to use to save dvd disks to a file to play on the transformer. I just got mine this week and want to load up a couple movies to take with me when we go to on a trip next week.

I have a 32 gig sd card to store movies on, is there a file size limit for the movie files.

thanks.

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to both of you I will give Handbrake a try. I tried MakeMKV this morning after posting this and it words but makes the output file size a litter over 5 gigs. It seems to play ok for the two minutes I played but I will give handbrake a try and see if I can get the file size to be smaller.

thanks

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just bought DVD Catalyst 4 for $9.99 and it works great. It is easy to use and gives you a huge amount of options on what you want to play the ripped movie on. I chose the Galaxy Tab option and it looks great on the Transformer. I ripped the complete Avatar movie for around 1.5Gig in about an hour. Their website is DVD Catalyst 4 | DVD and MKV to Galaxy Tab, Iconica, iPad2, NOOK, Playbook, Transformer, Xoom and more. You can download a free fully functional trial that is limited to about 30 minutes of movie to see if it works for you. :D

I never tried handbrake, but others do say it works good.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up Catalyst 4 from the link above. It works great. Set the profile to Xoom (Fast) and the DVD came out perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon