Wallpaper without cropping?

pwhoward1138

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to set an image as a wallpaper without cropping

Ive tried with many photos exceding and meeting the eee pads resolution without success.

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Save the image to SD - open it from gallery - choose menu - set as - wallpaper - drag the orange box outward - done

If only it were that easy. The issue that I think that most are encountering is the fact that the gallery app tries to crop for portrait as well as landscape. So even if the picture is the correct aspect ratio, it does not format properly because of the portrait restrictions.

What we need is a different app to set the wallpaper with that only cares about landscape cropping. I will look into it and post my findings.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
With the 3.1 update the gallery shows the crop you are going to get - the no fun part is the you can only drag the big outer box and not adjust the separate portrait and landscape boxes within - I see this being changed in the future with separate draggable portrait and landscape boxes that can be floated and dragged where we want

until then looks like Rockcrawler has it figured out

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread is old, though still fairly high up so...

I read on a honeycomb tips article that if you set the resolution to 1920X1408 you do not need to crop the picture. I have not tried this out yet.

**Edit**
Well, I tried it out, and it did not work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz