Question / Concern about dock

GripnRip

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my Transformer dock for about half a week now and for the most part I'm loving it. I did start to have one concerns though and I was wondering if anyone else has had it too. Is anyone concerned that the hinge on the dock is putting enough pressure on the bottom of the transformer that it could eventually lead to bending / cracking of the tablet? everytime I open or close it i get a bit worried about this.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my Transformer dock for about half a week now and for the most part I'm loving it. I did start to have one concerns though and I was wondering if anyone else has had it too. Is anyone concerned that the hinge on the dock is putting enough pressure on the bottom of the transformer that it could eventually lead to bending / cracking of the tablet? everytime I open or close it i get a bit worried about this.
I have had the dock for a while now and honestly I just don't think that will be a problem. I notice that the hinge begins to loosen a little over time. You want it stiff enough to hold the tablet at the angle you select.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had the dock for a while now and honestly I just don't think that will be a problem. I notice that the hinge begins to loosen a little over time. You want it stiff enough to hold the tablet at the angle you select.

I would say that ultimately it's an item that could be easily replaced. I'm thinking a few years down the line, like my MBP hinge of 4 years. I'm sure some of the teardown sites will get on to it eventually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae