EeePad will not charge.

andrew121

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So I bought the pad today and when I plugged it in, it was not charging. I've tried the wall charger, I've left it charge for a long time, etc. The computer recognizes it, but it does not charge! Any idea?

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Make sure the wall charger piece with the prongs snap tight into the other piece.
I've read posts where it wasn't tight so no current was getting to the usb plug.

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If the computer recognizes it the cable is likely good. Not charging is frequently caused by the charger plug. You should probably replace the plug, if you cannot fix it easily. Can you return it?

An alternative, e.g. if past replacement date, is to use a Dynex DX-UA Universal charger with your Asus cable. They are $30 at stores like BestBuy or $8 or less on ebay. This includes a female USB plug for your Asus cable and provides 11v, which is slower than using the original adapter 15v, but it works.

So far, Asus is not selling replacement cable/charger kits. These kits are listed at $40, which is too high in my opinion.

Good luck.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
So I bought the pad today and when I plugged it in, it was not charging. I've tried the wall charger, I've left it charge for a long time, etc. The computer recognizes it, but it does not charge! Any idea?

I think this has happened to all of us at some point. The ac adapter is a POS. I took the top piece off and snapped it back on and then it worked.

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem! Quick google, I found the answer on another forum.

On the WALL PLUG, take off the part that plugs in to the wall (for me it is a USA version).

Then, slightly bend the 2 prongs AWAY from each other. This will ensure a good connection. Worked like a charm!

Design problem I guess...

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My dock was defective/didn't charge. I sent it to Asus, waiting for it back. Would be nice if it was just the charger but in my case, no such luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance