Can the Transformer not multitask?

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I was streaming a podcast on one tab and found that if I switched to another tab, the audio completely stopped. Is there a workaround for this?

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I listen to pandora while doing other stuffs all the time. I can even open a video and both sounds would play at the same time.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was streaming a podcast on one tab and found that if I switched to another tab, the audio completely stopped. Is there a workaround for this?

This is a little different than multitasking.

To asnwer your question, yes of course the Transformer can multitask. When you tried to stream your podcast, did it play through the browser or did it open up in an app? If it opened in an app, it should still stream and you can access it through your bar at the bottom.

If it played through the web browser, I imagine if you opened another tab it may "lose focus" of the tab the muic is playing in. It may depend on the web player being used.

I just this with youtube, sure enough when I opened a new tab it paused my video in the other tab. Doesn't mean it can't multitask, its just the way the browser is focusing on the new tab you opened.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
The audio was streaming from the browser. I haven't tried it but I believe my wife's Asus 10.1 netbook will do this.

Last edited:

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be a feature of android browsers that streaming cannot and will not continue unless the tab is front and center. Android can multitask very well, but the browser is more singular. For instance pages only load when the tab selected and not in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish