Unable to type in search queries or URLs in Honeycomb browser

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm not sure if this is an issue with my specific browser, my Transformer, or maybe Honeycomb in general, but I'm having trouble entering searches into the address bar of my (stock) browser or even entering specific URLs. Everytime I try to type something, the page goes directly to Google and my search is nowhere to be found. Entering URLs makes the browser think for a moment then simply load a plain Google page as well.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Sorry I can't provide any more specific information.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

hargoth#AC

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe same as on the phone.

If you hit <ENTER> to complete a query, it will go strait to Google.

If you press the right arrow, it will do your search.

I fight this all the time on my phone, so in the Transformer I am more careful.

Also, you may want to turn off auto display results in your Google preferences if you don't like the 'lag' typing searches.

Camaros_Kill

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm not sure if this is an issue with my specific browser, my Transformer, or maybe Honeycomb in general, but I'm having trouble entering searches into the address bar of my (stock) browser or even entering specific URLs. Everytime I try to type something, the page goes directly to Google and my search is nowhere to be found. Entering URLs makes the browser think for a moment then simply load a plain Google page as well.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Sorry I can't provide any more specific information.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. Did you by chance make a custom background for Google.com? I feel like it started when I did that, but could be totally wrong. If anyone has insight on this it'd be greatly appreciated if ud share ur experience. And its not an issue of hitting enter because I don't even get three letters into the search before Google just pops up.

Edit..also once Google.com pops up I can continue typing my search but it won't actually do the search for me. It just sits there as if I have nothing typed in.

jtown4321

May 7, 2011
Visit site
was having the same problem. realized you can click on the tab you have open at the top of the browser and it will pop up the url/search window.

also i think you can just start typing if you are on a web page and not in a text box of any sort...

Hope this helps some. I'm trying to figure out how to get the search/url box when only 1 tab/window is open. i've only been able to do it by opening a new tab and then being able to pick a tab.

Good luck!

sloked

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
im pretty sure it is a disconnect from wat we are used to and what the transformer's keyboard does. I notice, if i use the keyboar's search button, everything works fine. If i use the on screen search tab, the default actions when pressing the enter button usally is not wht i want. it is time for some more bug fixes Asus...

Camaros_Kill

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
im pretty sure it is a disconnect from wat we are used to and what the transformer's keyboard does. I notice, if i use the keyboar's search button, everything works fine. If i use the on screen search tab, the default actions when pressing the enter button usally is not wht i want. it is time for some more bug fixes Asus...

I dont even have a chance to hit enter before it goes to google. Its an issue with the stock browser im pretty sure.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Its the settings for "instant search" option....labs tend to throw off the browser for some reason. Make sure its clicked off and that should do it. Quite frankly, I'm sick of the stock browser and constant crashes but I luv my quick controls gestures

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca