File Structure

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just added a 32G MicroSD card today after a week of owning the Transformer.

I could've sworn I downloaded Apps to SD a couple of days ago. No sign of it now.....maybe.

When I browse in ES File Explorer I see
Local/
2 subfolders are
Local/sdcard
Local/Removable/MicroSD

The file Local/sdcard contains everything that is SUPPOSED to be on my sdcard but it's not. The folder Local/sdcard is just a folder on the local hard drive.

The folder Local/Removable/MicroSD is my actual sd card but nothing is being written to it.

What should I do to actually use my sd card?

Also, in Root Explorer...it shows Local/sdcard as 4G used and 7G Free r/w.
In Local/Removable/MicroSD...it shows 4G used and 7G Free r/w....this is a 32G card.

What do I need to do?

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
First of all I find that filemanager HD is a much better file manager for this than ES (which I still use on my phone).
At the present time the microsd and SD on the dock can not be used for programs or 'program data', so app2sd won't work. That is restricted to the internal file structure. Personally I don't have a problem with this. I have all my non-app data on the microsd; images, graphic novels, music, and video. These all take a lot of space and work great on external. Also means that, if I want, I can pop out the Lexar into a usb reader and transfer / sync files from server directly to card. If you have program data and / or Apps2SD on this card, then you're just going to lose all that function while the card is unmounted.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the current situation; everything that needs to run has the fastest access on the internal memory. I do think there is still some work to do in integrating the microsd / SD support to all apps, including those that, at the moment, assume that the 'internal' sdcard is the only one, and won't let you move up a level in the file structure.
Jon

Last edited:

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just added a 32G MicroSD card today after a week of owning the Transformer.

I could've sworn I downloaded Apps to SD a couple of days ago. No sign of it now.....maybe.

When I browse in ES File Explorer I see
Local/
2 subfolders are
Local/sdcard
Local/Removable/MicroSD

The file Local/sdcard contains everything that is SUPPOSED to be on my sdcard but it's not. The folder Local/sdcard is just a folder on the local hard drive.

The folder Local/Removable/MicroSD is my actual sd card but nothing is being written to it.

What should I do to actually use my sd card?

Also, in Root Explorer...it shows Local/sdcard as 4G used and 7G Free r/w.
In Local/Removable/MicroSD...it shows 4G used and 7G Free r/w....this is a 32G card.

What do I need to do?

I need to add, I do NOT use or own the dock. I have the tablet only.

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Nothing is being saved to my actual microsd card. No music, no pics, etc.

Everything is being saved to the FOLDER local/sdcard leaving the real sdcard blank.

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing is being saved to my actual microsd card. No music, no pics, etc.

Everything is being saved to the FOLDER local/sdcard leaving the real sdcard blank.

True. I personally has to physically move saved files from internal sd card to micro card.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

darkonex

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Ya what he said, stuff won't just magically go to your sd/microsd card, you have to put/move it there. Anything you install will go to local/sdcard, that's actually the internal storage on the device, they just really should have named it something different so it's not confusing to people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay