Dtrectv streaming

jdlstorage#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I can see my Directv box in the mynet work and can even browse show listings but when I attempt to play a show it fails to load. any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks

TerryB

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
The program is DirecTV2PC and unfortunately I can only find support for Windows XP w/ SP2, Vista and W7. I'm gonna keep looking for Android, but don't have high hopes.

TerryB

mdpgc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I know what missing here...Slingbox! This is the best hardware (Slingbox Solo or Slingbox HD) and app (Slingplayer) on the Market (so you can view and have full control over the TV)

Texanaviator

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think they are doing system maintenance. I had to use the new website for Dish Network tonight (dishonline.com) to get on since the old one would not let me connect.

VonRBuzard

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I saw this myself. When I tried to watch a recorded show it gives me a Failed to Load. From what I see, you need to sign up for Direct Tv's WHOLE HOME package ($3 per month) this authorizes your DVR to share files. I understand that this is meant to work with homes that have multiple DVRs. You are supposed to be able to share shows between boxes.

I don't know if the Asus Transformer will actually be able to play these files even if you sign up for the service

I'm hoping someone more courageous than myself and post their results here

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have whole home and can not play anything on my transformer or PC for that matter, my Samsung plasma is also connected to my network and can see both DVRs and shows but not play them. I think I was able to play some movies off my HTPC a while back but only a couple of types of files at most. I have also been able to see my DVRs on my phones in the past but not able to play anything from them.

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Directv2pc program on my Win7 PC and it works just fine, I didn't pay anything extra to get this going. I have a HD-DVR hooked up to my router (obviously) and the program runs on my desktop and can see all the DVR contents and streams just fine.

The only way I could see this possibly working on the TF though is using the Splash Top remote software to connect to your PC. Directv doesn't offer the program as an Android app at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12