Asus Fonepad 7 system UI stopped, how can I get it working again?

Izia

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Asus Fonepad 7 system UI stopped

Hi.
I am new here. And Ive read so many topics in this website about the same problem i have with my tablet, but so far I think this is the worst.
I dont know what happened with my tablet, my last update of its system is a month ago, then i experienced these:
1: Whenever i play clash of clans it will suddenly pop messages like "unfortunately,(an app) has stopped." Almost all of my apps stopped working!
2: When i play the same game (coc) ,the menu, the home, the recent apps button,and the back button will suddenly disappear thats why i have no choice but to restart the tablet.
3: When i restarted it, a message will pop again like "unfortunately..(blah.blah) stopped) and then i pressed ok. Until this message popped "Unfortunately, system UI has stopped" and its so annoying. My wallpaper disappeard,it became "BLACK" when i tried to change it, it will show these " Unfortunately, Asus launcher has stopped".
4: one more thing my settings, setup wizard, google thingy, and any other apps has stopped working.

I really dont know what to do, i started searching youtube,forums in my desktop.. but i havent find an answer. what can i do. please help.please :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Asus Fonepad 7 system UI stopped

Welcome to Android Central! Behavior like this can be due to some glitchy app that is causing instability. Since you mention Clash of Clans, try uninstalling it temporarily and see if the problems stop. You could also try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Izia

May 12, 2015
Visit site

The problem persists in Safe Mode..:( so u think its more likely to be hardware problem? do u really have to send it to repair shop? :) BTW thanks for reply:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Either hardware or firmware. I don't know how hard it might be to try re-flashing the stock firmware. What's the exact model number of the device?

Izia

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Either hardware or firmware. I don't know how hard it might be to try re-flashing the stock firmware. What's the exact model number of the device?

K012 .. I forgot to tell u that the navigation and status bar disappeared thats why i cant return to my homescreeen when i got a chance to go to settings without an annoying message..

Izia

May 12, 2015
Visit site

I factory reset the tablet, but the "unfortunately, system UI has stopped" is still there.. What can I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not sure. If the firmware is corrupt, a factory reset won't necessarily help. Re-flashing the stock firmware might help, but as I mentioned above, I'm not sure how difficult that might be. That's why I included that link.