Syncing with Outlook

najester

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have recently purchased the Fonepad and found the App "MyPhoneExplorer" which enabled me, successfully, to download my Outlook Contacts (Calendar, Messgaes etc) to the Fonepad.
Happy so far .. however each Contact Record which exceeds a certain size (don't know HOW big!) gets truncated.

Does anyone know whether this is an Android problem? Each truncated record is complete in MyPhoneExplorer.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
thats not an android problem. outlook conversion.

if you take outlook and export the data and then import the contact and calendar directly into google it will format correctly. i guess you could have a tremendous amount of data in the contact

najester

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply. I should have pointed out that I am using K-9 Mail and do not use Google for mail. I therefore need to import the Contact data into People in Android. You're right, there are a number of contacts with large amounts of data (most of them are just an address and phone number). The import from Outlook into MyPhoneExplorer is complete but when it is transferred to my Fonepad the large records are truncated. I suppose my real question is whether a "People" record is fixed length or free-form?

Clcto

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Najester, I can't answer specifically for Fonepad, but in general the native Android Contacts records are fixed length. In order to see the full data you need a Contact replacement or addition product. One that is popular is DejaOffice. It will sync from your PC, and show the full contact record no matter low long it is. You can download it from the Google Play store. The sync component uses CompanionLink which costs $14.95.