ASUS Memo Pad 10 - slow battery charge

Kelly Martin Ozias

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I just moved up from the tf300t to the memo ME302. There is a huge difference in charging time. Sometimes it will take several hours to get a full charge from 50%. My transformer would charge in 1-2 hrs from being depleted. Both using the factory chargers. Is this a problem or normal ? Love the tablet but don't like being plugged in all the time.

mav00761380

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought this tablet yesterday and I notice the same thing. Very slow charge. I am pretty sure this is normal.

Sent from my K00F using AC Forums mobile app

Kelly Martin Ozias

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Except for the charging, I love it! Although to be honest, I probably would have bought another Asus transformer tf300t if I could have found one. The storage in both suits me fine, 16g is fine with an SD card. I take a lot of pics (the tf300t is 8 mega pixel and this one is 5). Screen is good, easy touch. Have owned 3 other tablets including the nexus 7 and this one is great! I surf a lot on it and stream movies. Only thing I haven't tried yet is hooking it up to my TV with the HDMI cord I bought separately. Let me know what you decide on!

agmbl

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just moved up from the tf300t to the memo ME302. There is a huge difference in charging time. Sometimes it will take several hours to get a full charge from 50%. My transformer would charge in 1-2 hrs from being depleted. Both using the factory chargers. Is this a problem or normal ? Love the tablet but don't like being plugged in all the time.

agmbl

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes my asus 10 memo at first few times did I think get to full charge but the last few times noticed only getting to 50% after all day charging all day turned off. I also have a new Moto x phone..so i just used that big plug charger with the connection wire for asus ( just use the big part of Moto X adapter plug with the long asus wire part) and got 100% in the normal time..has been working since charging this way!!!!!

Oldblindsickchick

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6 day old Memo 10 (me102a) and had my first experience with the charging problems I've been seeing others speak of. I'm new to android so this was a grumpy old lady maker!

I got around it. It worked for me... so I thought I would share. (may be a temp fix...we'll see.)
My charge issue was when I let the tablet discharge down to about 12%...charged all night and it SAID it was charged until I actually turned it on, then it said I was only at 12% (what does that tell you?)

So futzed with it most of the day.... here is what I did.

**At this point I want to let you know that I feel your pain.

1. Hopefully you have enough power to Go to settings>> Backup and reset>>Back up your apps/photos/software to an SD CARD. (not required but recommended so you don't loose your stuff.)

2. Charge with usb cable from your Computer. If you see progress like it going from 10% to 18% after an hour or so... YAY!! Leave it go until you are over 20-35%

3. With it still plugged in. Go to Settings>>Backup and Reset>>press factory data reset. It will warn you that every bit of YOUR data will be deleted... proceed.

4. Now.. at this point I turned off ASUS' UI. (leave it plugged into your pc) Go to settings>>Asus Customized Settings>>UNCHECK Use Asus Quick Setting. Restart the tablet.
At this point the 35% miraculously became 49% for me.:-| what the?

5. I plugged it into the USB/AC "wall wart" charger and Android told me it was charging. I came back about 30-45 mins later and it was up to 70% It finished charging pretty quickly.

So what does this tell us? Asus has a glitch in their software/user interface overlay that they need to fix.. or put out a software fix. Any of you Android Gurus out there care to take a stab at an Battery UI/conflict/stupid ***** fixer App??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze