MeMo Pad 10 ~~~ Accuweather & Splash Screen

tomfoxden

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased this tablet and am still learning a good deal about it. I do have one issue that I have not been able to resolve though. When the splash screen appears after turning on the tablet, and the Accuweather shows, it always presents itself in degrees Celsius. I have attempted to change the setting to Fahrenheit degrees, which is relatively easy to do, but it always reverts to Celsius. Once I have unlocked the screen the Accuweather does show *F as it has since initial setup. This is not a huge deal, but can anyone help me here? Thanks...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased this tablet and am still learning a good deal about it. I do have one issue that I have not been able to resolve though. When the splash screen appears after turning on the tablet, and the Accuweather shows, it always presents itself in degrees Celsius. I have attempted to change the setting to Fahrenheit degrees, which is relatively easy to do, but it always reverts to Celsius. Once I have unlocked the screen the Accuweather does show *F as it has since initial setup. This is not a huge deal, but can anyone help me here? Thanks...

Welcome to the forums. This may be a bug in the app for your device. You might want to email the developer. Just tell them the device, android version, and you issue in detail. (What you already typed is pretty good).

tomfoxden

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. This may be a bug in the app for your device. You might want to email the developer. Just tell them the device, android version, and you issue in detail. (What you already typed is pretty good).

Thanks for the reply! ........... How would I determine (who) the developer is to email? Still relatively uninformed about android.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! ........... How would I determine (who) the developer is to email? Still relatively uninformed about android.

Easiest way is to go into Play Store. You can click on the upper left hand corner, and that will bring you to 'My Apps', and you can look at the list of apps you have downloaded. Click on Accuweather, and scroll all the way down. Email developer should be close to the bottom. Click on it, and compose your email.

tomfoxden

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Easiest way is to go into Play Store. You can click on the upper left hand corner, and that will bring you to 'My Apps', and you can look at the list of apps you have downloaded. Click on Accuweather, and scroll all the way down. Email developer should be close to the bottom. Click on it, and compose your email.

okay...great, i'll give it a try. --- did give that a try, but Aweather does not show on my apps. this app was installed by asus previous to purchase. it looks as though that it may be a widget, when I open the widget tab next to the app tab and scroll to find.

Last edited:

tomfoxden

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hope everything works out.

This is the email I received from Aweather this morning... I'll pursue another email with ASUS or just dump the Aweather.

Support
To Me

Today at 8:10 AM

Thank you for using AccuWeather.com.

The application you are using was developed by a 3rd party manufacturer. AccuWeather only supplies the weather data and cannot support the application itself. The manufacturer is responsible for databasing, displaying, and formatting this data and can address any concerns you may have. If they believe that we can be of assistance with their issue, they will contact us.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Lisa
AccuWeather Customer Service
support@accuweather.com