Root A MeMO Pad 10 ME-102A-A1

B_Mullins

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know how to root an ME-102A? I want to be the one who decides what apps run automatically. I'm tired of looking at the task manager display and seeing 12 apps running and I've only just booted the thing up. I intend to take thing with me up into the mountains (when I want to connect to the world I'll go somewhere with WiFi) and need to maximize battery life and that means only running what HAS to be running at the time. Plus there's no sense wasting CPU cycles on apps I'm not using at the time.

So, anybody know how to root one of these puppies? All the tools to configure apps to only come up when they're called say I need root access.

If there is a procedure for this already laid out somewhere, a link will suffice. I'm a big boy. Been working with/on small computer devices since Apple 1. Not an Android maven but I know how to keep from totally screwing the pooch most of the time.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I really like the thing. I upgraded from a piece-of-caca-doodie Chinese-made el cheapo tablet. Slower than molasses at Barrow, Alaska in the dead of winter and a power hog to boot. Sucker could drain a 50K milliamp/hour auxiliary battery in nothing flat. I gave it to my daughter to let my 4-year-old grandson play on. Hope it doesn't frustrate him too awful much. ;)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know how to root an ME-102A? I want to be the one who decides what apps run automatically. I'm tired of looking at the task manager display and seeing 12 apps running and I've only just booted the thing up. I intend to take thing with me up into the mountains (when I want to connect to the world I'll go somewhere with WiFi) and need to maximize battery life and that means only running what HAS to be running at the time. Plus there's no sense wasting CPU cycles on apps I'm not using at the time.

So, anybody know how to root one of these puppies? All the tools to configure apps to only come up when they're called say I need root access.

If there is a procedure for this already laid out somewhere, a link will suffice. I'm a big boy. Been working with/on small computer devices since Apple 1. Not an Android maven but I know how to keep from totally screwing the pooch most of the time.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I really like the thing. I upgraded from a piece-of-caca-doodie Chinese-made el cheapo tablet. Slower than molasses at Barrow, Alaska in the dead of winter and a power hog to boot. Sucker could drain a 50K milliamp/hour auxiliary battery in nothing flat. I gave it to my daughter to let my 4-year-old grandson play on. Hope it doesn't frustrate him too awful much. ;)

Hello!

Well, before you decide to root, check out Greenify. It will freeze apps and put them in "hibernation." Maybe this could help you.

As for root, I was only able to find this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFYobO6YSsg

It uses a rooting tool that is from a maker in China, but it has an English Version. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything else I found. Also, if it asks you to download SuperSU, don't use his link.

Use this: SuperSU