Black Screen of Death

Shoyo

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
So,

I have this tablet for 3 months and already happened 3 times.
The Tablet goes in a kinda deep sleep freeze, It won't charge, turn on, reset (volume up + power button), or give any life sign.
It just stay the same solid black screen.
After some time I link it to the charger, try the power button and it's back to life.
I already saw a lot of people reporting the same problem on Android 4.2, but still no solution.

Does anyone knows what's going on? Or have a solution for this?
Thank you for any suggestion.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I found a fix. Band-aid fix really.
Take the back off the tablet and unplug the battery connector. Wait a second then reconnect. Voila! It works.

Posted via Android Central App

Shoyo

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
That worked for me as well. Thank you for the tip.
The issue is still a problem, any layman won't be able to reproduce the solution...
I'm not sure if the problem is on Android or Asus, still, I bought an Asus product that doesn't work well, had to leave a 1 star feedback on Amazon...

Punkalina Jones

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
My ASUS MeMo8 is doing the same thing. I am getting ready to send it off to service as it is still under warranty. I haven't even had the thing for six months !! I went to use it last night and it was black. :-(

Should I try the quick fix or not do it and send it for service?:-*

mistylevitt

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have also only had my tablet for 3 months and have had it go to black screen. I can hear the volume going up, and down but no picture. I called support they, said charge it for 4 hours then call back if screen still black. I have the memo 8. I have tried these other reset option s and am afraid the tablet is a loss

XnClanUK

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
would waiting till the battery runs out and then turning it back on work the same as taking the battery out?

because i dont have the tools to take the back of my memopad 7 off

hellraven

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
It seems like a OS hang, it even hang buttons... So a power drain or battery unplug does solve this, happen on my Asus Transformer, heard of happening in Samsung Note, and some other chinese tablets; very different hardware

Sarah 2D

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
hi my name is Easton Alleman i have a lg g4 and it won't turn on at all i took out the battery times but it still won't work help!

I know this post is a couple weeks old but did you Get the problem with your phone taken care of? I have had an LG G4 for almost two years now since I'm on a contract but I've technically had 4 LG phones over the last two years because itwill be working fine and then randomly turn off and not come back on again. Apparently it's a problem with people of the connectors so lg is supposed to replace it for you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc