Here we go... won't come on/boot

Batt4Christ

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Last night, I was reading a book on my MeMo Pad HD7. All was well. Battery was down to around 50% when I was ready to sleep. I closed the Transcover and plugged in the power cord and went to sleep.

I got up this AM, picked up and unplugged the ASUS and took it with me to church. Got there and opened the cover. Nothing. So I pressed the power button... nothing. I did without it.

Got home a couple of hours ago and tried again. Found some instructions to try holding the power button down for a LONG time (as much as 3 minutes). Tried that... nothing. No signs of life whatsoever. I'm at a loss. This is my 2nd ASUS MeMo Pad HD7. First which was purchased end of December/early January would not update the OS, so it went back to the retailer. Picked this one up after receiving my refund on the first - this time at Walmart (January 11). It has worked fine until now. No other symptoms. No odd behavior. No nothing - until this morning when it won't come on.

I have sent an email to ASUS support, though my past experience with them is pretty pitiful at best. I suspect they will want to send me an RMA # and take a few weeks to diagnose/repair/replace/or play games with me- during which time I am out my pad.

So - before I start the agonizing process - anyone have any suggestions to try? I have tried the power button + down volume... that did nothing. I have tried plugging it in (power adapter is working) - nothing. I have held the power button for several minutes. :'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last night, I was reading a book on my MeMo Pad HD7. All was well. Battery was down to around 50% when I was ready to sleep. I closed the Transcover and plugged in the power cord and went to sleep.

I got up this AM, picked up and unplugged the ASUS and took it with me to church. Got there and opened the cover. Nothing. So I pressed the power button... nothing. I did without it.

Got home a couple of hours ago and tried again. Found some instructions to try holding the power button down for a LONG time (as much as 3 minutes). Tried that... nothing. No signs of life whatsoever. I'm at a loss. This is my 2nd ASUS MeMo Pad HD7. First which was purchased end of December/early January would not update the OS, so it went back to the retailer. Picked this one up after receiving my refund on the first - this time at Walmart (January 11). It has worked fine until now. No other symptoms. No odd behavior. No nothing - until this morning when it won't come on.

I have sent an email to ASUS support, though my past experience with them is pretty pitiful at best. I suspect they will want to send me an RMA # and take a few weeks to diagnose/repair/replace/or play games with me- during which time I am out my pad.

So - before I start the agonizing process - anyone have any suggestions to try? I have tried the power button + down volume... that did nothing. I have tried plugging it in (power adapter is working) - nothing. I have held the power button for several minutes. :'(

Perhaps trying a different cable, and allowing to charge for several hours.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it back in for awhile(being hours) then doing the hold power button thing again?

Batt4Christ

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, I got home from evening services and decided to pick up my tablet. I pressed the power button and there red battery icon displayed for about 2 seconds. It didn't do that before.

So I plugged it in and I am posting this reply from my the Pad!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Discharged lithium-ion batteries can have odd behavior till they get fully charged again. I had a phone that I stored with a dead non-removable battery for about 2 months before trying to get it working again to use. It took 3 days plugged in to get it to start taking a charge again. It never had the same charge level.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante