I am using a tablet to move mp3 files on micro sd that is not working, how can I get it working?

A

AC Question

using tablet to move mp3 files on microsd not working

Hello! Im using an Asus memopad hd 7 with kitkat 4.2 no rooted
to put some mp3 files on a micro sd card, but for who knows what reason, when i try to read the files with an mp3 player, (a chinese one, shuffle clone)
Nothing happens. Any suggestion?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: using tablet to move mp3 files on microsd not working

Welcome to Android Central! On KitKat and above, apps have to have specific permissions to access the SD card, and can only access a folder that they create or take ownership of. It's possible that music app you're using doesn't have that permission. Try a different player, like PowerAmp or MortPlayer Music.

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, im using the removable sd, to tranfer the files to another device
A portable mp3 player with no internal storage, i have two mp3 players an old one, wich need the files to be placed in a folder named audio, with no probems reading the files.
And this new generic device unable to read folders, in this case i have to place the files direrctly on the root of the card, but i think there is a conflict with the ''.android_secure'' sys file automatically created by android.
Im assuming this is not possible, because of the mp3 player. not admitting anything but mp3 files.
Something related to the lack of internal storage, and designed to be used in a windows environment.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh, sorry--I didn't quite understand what you were doing from reading your first post. Now it's clear. Do you have a computer? Can you move the files to the SD using the computer?

spline009

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Yes, using windows it works, now I know.
only mp3 files on root, thanks anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams