Anyone sticking it out for the Padfone Infinity?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I always wanted to have both a android tablet and a android phone at the same time, but the app/game data syncing always turned me off since I could pretty much do everything on my smartphone. However, my heart still longs for a 10 inch screen....

Now Asus blurred the line between tablet and phone, im all in for one! Whenever I just want to use a phone for a quick text, ill just use the 5 inch Padfone Infinity. Whenever I want to play games or watch YouTube videos or Netflix, ill just connect the Padfone Infinity to the Infinity Station. And when I want to make a call, I can use either one!

I don't mind the price so much, because price tags always fluctuate. My only question is will I be able to use on T-Mobile's frequency bands? I'd love to pop a prepaid unlimited monthly 4G sim into it and have the convenience of both a tablet and phone without paying extra per month per device It's almost as if we found a loophole :D

Last edited:

aj05hi

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely looking forward to one, however with the significant price I am going to wait for both online and owners reviews to find out if it will be the one for me.

One thing I am always intrigued about is that when this phone is docked into tablet would the play store recognize it as a tablet or a phone and when I was researching the Padfone 2 the owners were saying that only a handful of applications would recognize the tablet mode e.g. gmail would give you phone experience on the phone and when docked would go on a tablet mode (i.e. split screen).

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely looking forward to one, however with the significant price I am going to wait for both online and owners reviews to find out if it will be the one for me.

One thing I am always intrigued about is that when this phone is docked into tablet would the play store recognize it as a tablet or a phone and when I was researching the Padfone 2 the owners were saying that only a handful of applications would recognize the tablet mode e.g. gmail would give you phone experience on the phone and when docked would go on a tablet mode (i.e. split screen).

That also intrigues me as well

I'm also wondering about SwiftKey. I paid for SwiftKey 3 during the 99 cent sale last year. I'm wondering, if the Padfone Infinity were to be docked, would the tablet mode still be able to work the phone version of SwiftKey?

I'm just so excited to see how this turns out. Hopefully we can get this imported and working with T-Mobile :)

TheBlackmoore

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It?s always a tricky thing launching combo concept?s. The idea of having a Phone transform into a tablet might have its perks, but the fear of getting a ?cramped? tablet could prove to be a deal breaker. In my experiance the Padfone Infinity can only makes a good concept better. Coming from a different echo system I decided to use the Padfone 2 for a couple of weeks. It replaced my phone (Lumia 920) and my tablet (TF600), for work, for play ? for everything. And I'm hooked. Check out my full review here One of the things that bugged me with the Padfone 2 was the screen - the Infinity solves this with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 - yay!

I also compiled a video of how a full day in my life looks like with the Padfone 2 - I can only imagine The Padfone Infinity makes it even easier. It's a sure buy for me when it comes!

cheers!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would be all over this phone if I didn't have my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. It still looks like a greatamazing concept, and I have been a fan of the Padfone series since I learned about the OG Padfone. I still might pick up an Infinity, and definitely would have if the Nexus series didn't exist.

Budlust

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I feel that you have a different state of mind with a tablet... It feels like a computer rather than a phone...

Some may argue that it is just splitting hairs, but when it comes down to it there simply are things that a phone isn't add great for simply because of the lack of size.

I suggest going and purchasing a nexus 7 on eBay and giving it a try for yourself.
Tip: make sure you get one that tons of purple have bud on so you know it will re sell

Sent from my Nexus 7

Clashman

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Had a chance to play with a Padfone Infinity the other day, and it was quite nice. Build quality was very solid, bearing some resemblance to the HTC One on the bottom and an iPhone from the front, only quite a bit bigger. Edges were a little sharper than I would have liked, but overall it was a very nice phone that was incredibly fast and responsive.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Such an amazing looking device and made by my favorite company. I would get this but I'm with Verizon :'(

Posted via Android Central App

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not "sticking it out" for it, as announcements are too often way off the mark when it comes to release dates. However, I will definitely splurge on an Asus phone if it's done right. If they make it a Nexus device, though, or if they forgo the removable storage, then I will pass (I insist on removable storage).

uvtube

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine just arrived, sold my ipad and Galaxy Note 2 to buy it ... !!

There are some minor failings but the convenience, bonus of only needing one plan, and NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH ITUNES makes them pale into insignificance.

The phone is shmick !! ... and it is sweet being able to use the station for phone calls and SMS ... :]

I am completely satisfied with the phones build quality and performance, the camera is really excellent, and even though the station is plastic, it is still quality ... !

Get one !

wilsonpeter

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I have posted this in the General Forum also, as I didn't see this one. Just looking for some help in making a decision.

I have moved from Apple to Android and always use Google Chrome anyway. I only really use it for Email and browsing the Internet. Occasionally Google Docs, in fact Google for everything.I need to replace my MBA and cannot make up my mind as to what to replace it with.

I would like your opinions please on the following :

I have a Sony Xperia Z1. Should I keep this and buy a Chromebook or should I sell the phone and buy the new Asus Padfone Infinity Phone & Tablet ? I know there is a difference in cost but this isn't really important as I have the MBA money ready to spend. I really like the idea of the Padfone as it keeps things to a minimum.

Many tha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool