ASUS Padfone X

Tom_Sewell

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I was in the local AT&T store today and they just got one in stock. I got to check out a demo model but it was nonfunctional.

Posted via Android Central App

CoreRooted

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I actually just got mine yesterday from my local AT&T store. So far, it's not a bad device. There are some definite quirks with Dynamic Display. Also, 3rd party launchers seem to have major issues going from phone to tablet that Dynamic Display can't handle. I've been able to root it using towelroot, but I don't have a custom recovery for it yet.

All in all, the device itself is pretty solid and works nicely. No real lag that I can see (yet).

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I got mine 5 days ago. I like it with one caveat, that I will discuss below. The phone worked as I expected. Call quality seems exceptional. People do not realize they are on speakerphone, even when fone is docked into the pad. The camera seems quick with good color.
The pad is what sets this phone apart, however. It basically expands the phone's screen and it works well. The screen is bright and responds well to touch.
The caveat is when playing Netflix on the pad, there seems to be a sycning issue between the picture and sound There appears to be a slight lag.
The phone slips into and out of the pad easily but still is secure. The front-face seems protected but I do worry about the back camera lens being exposed to damage.
I plan to keep the fonepad but would like hear what others have to say.

awend55

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I was wondering if you were having trouble with group messaging.
I cannot take part in group messaging conversations and I tried clicking the group messaging box but it will not allow me to do that.