Long time Samsung Note user, First time other phone user

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
first, love the phone. quick, sharp looking and definitely a keeper.

Having been a note user for the past decade, I had grown accustomed to how to operate the note ui with ease. now that I have switched to the ROG I am having, so far, one major concern: Clutter

on the apps screen, I am use to categorizing my apps appropriately but most importantly, how I want them bunched up together.

With Samsung, it was easy, touch, hold down, drag, and combine with another app to create a folder, rename.

from what I gather with this UI, I am forced to use their categorizing of my app.

Is there a way I can do this the Samsung way, or close to it? my attachment shows how an_al I am about my apps. a little OCD but not full blown.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-063901_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-063901_One UI Home.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 20

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
^^^ Freaking *****. Sorry, guess I didn't play with it long enough. Got it.
Can you tell us how you succeeded? This is likely my next phone, and I have a few apps I plan to group as well. I'm an LG user, which combined them like you described Samsung too, so I'd like to know how on the ROG Phone II.

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Sure.

When you are viewing the app tray, click on the three dots in the upper right corner.

Choose "manage apps".

Then press/hold an app icon and then drag it to another app icon.

Release and then both apps should appear in a bubble.

The software is pretty good at determining what the bubble should be called but if you want to change it, click on the bubble and it will allow you to change the name

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Can I ask a question. Im struggling to choose between this phone, Samsung note 10 plus or Google pixel 4xl. Currently I have note 9. As a note user do you miss anything from note series. What is better in Asus that Samsung doesn't have? Any help would be much appreciated :) all the best

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I decided to make a switch because of the headphone jack. My car, although in great shape, does not have a Bluetooth connection for my phone. I have tried those Bluetooth devices but it's not the same sound quality.

Having the phone now for some time, I really like the 120hz refresh rate, the speakers (OMG the speakers), RBG is nice conversation starter, and the battery life.

I am not too much of a phone gamer anymore since I rebuilt my PC so at times I find myself not utilizing my phone to it's upmost potential. When those days arrive, I notice I don't have to charge my phone for close to 3 days. This is with surfing the web, playing music in my car to and from work, watching the occasional YouTube video and even watching Netflix.

What I miss: quick note taking with the s pen and water resistance. I never had to worry with a little rain when I step out of my car, now I do, I worry alot. At work and even at home, can't find a pen, no worry. Out comes the s pen. No more.

What I regret: the possibility of no VoLTE service. My hope is that ASUS decides to enable this not as a last moment thing but sooner so we can enjoy that service longer. I think this one thing will be a deciding factor if I buy the ROG phone 3, if that ever comes out.

I am still saving my note 8 as a backup if I can no longer use this phone as a primary but may have to go to something else with a headphone jack should my note 8 eventually fail ( it's not holding charge as long as it use to and I replaced the screen already so no water resistance)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What I regret: the possibility of no VoLTE service. My hope is that ASUS decides to enable this not as a last moment thing but sooner so we can enjoy that service longer.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Asus has steadfastly said they are not going to enable VoLTE in the U.S. You can work around that with Google Voice when the GSM networks are shut down, but you will lose 911 access. The more I've thought about it, the more I've decided that's just unacceptable, considering my line of work. I'm now looking at other options and now the Razer Phone 2 has my eye. Verizon compatibility, VoLTE, and it's currently $300 direct from Razer ($250 through Best Buy if you use the activate now option). At that price, I'd go with it over the ROG 2 even if network compatibility wasn't an issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't hold your breath. Asus has steadfastly said they are not going to enable VoLTE in the U.S. You can work around that with Google Voice when the GSM networks are shut down, but you will lose 911 access. The more I've thought about it, the more I've decided that's just unacceptable, considering my line of work. I'm now looking at other options and now the Razer Phone 2 has my eye. Verizon compatibility, VoLTE, and it's currently $300 direct from Razer ($250 through Best Buy if you use the activate now option). At that price, I'd go with it over the ROG 2 even if network compatibility wasn't an issue.
I seen it the other day in BB it's a really squared off phone looks nice but the corners are pointy might be uncomfortable to hold .

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I seen it the other day in BB it's a really squared off phone looks nice but the corners are pointy might be uncomfortable to hold .
Best Buy had an in store display? Even if it's did, I have a long day at work ahead of me tomorrow and likely won't be done before they close. I'd be getting a case anyway.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Best Buy had an in store display? Even if it's did, I have a long day at work ahead of me tomorrow and likely won't be done before they close. I'd be getting a case anyway.
I'm headed again there in a little bit but I believe it was in the section where they sell unlocked phones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz