I keep coming back here holding out hope against hope.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Then I am reminded that hope is the first step down the road to disappointment.

Asus does know that next year there will be no 3G service right? Come on Asus! VoLTE and all carriers!

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
In 2020 AT&T and Verizon are shutting down 3g. This phone will he rendered useless for calls.

Mustang, bro! What is is going on here? Pixel usually nails it. I loved the 2 and everything before it.

I could probably live with the 4, but what is wrong with Google?

Back on topic.... The ROG is my dream phone. I want it badly.

I have a house full of ROG stuff for my computers. Asus is my go to brand for anything they offer.

Imagine may disappointment with the ROG and the cell service.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In 2020 AT&T and Verizon are shutting down 3g. This phone will he rendered useless for calls.

Mustang, bro! What is is going on here? Pixel usually nails it. I loved the 2 and everything before it.

I could probably live with the 4, but what is wrong with Google?

Back on topic.... The ROG is my dream phone. I want it badly.

I have a house full of ROG stuff for my computers. Asus is my go to brand for anything they offer.

Imagine may disappointment with the ROG and the cell service.
Pixel has some short comings this year , I don't know what googles doing , but still going get one as I do enjoy the pixel phones just going wait on a deal or trade in . Won't pay full price for it .

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Pixel has some short comings this year , I don't know what googles doing , but still going get one as I do enjoy the pixel phones just going wait on a deal or trade in . Won't pay full price for it .

I am looking at a black Friday deal. I need to get the 4XL at at least 100 off, or it's a complete no go.

That battery is pathetic.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching this network issue too. A couple users at XDA that were actually able to talk to someone at Asus says they have no intention of adding VoLTE compatibility in the U.S. on the ROG II. Data will still work, leaving open the option for something like Google Voice (my only option either way on Verizon), but it has its own tradeoffs, especially for making 911 calls. So for all intents and purposes, this would become a hand held gaming device disguised as a phone.

I still want one, but it's just too hard to justify it at that price right now with their lack of communication and apparent refusal to make this fully compatible with at least one U.S. carrier. So for now, I'm just going to repair the camera on my V20 and just keep an eye on this. Or maybe go with the Razer 2, since that's actually on Verizon's approved BYOD list.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and there's also a couple XDA users now showing dust and/or moisture developing behind the camera lens. Not sure where or how it got in there, but they are speculating via the vent. If this turns out to be a design flaw, that's an absolute deal breaker.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ROGphone 2 is 4G enabled..
Yes, but not VoLTE enabled in the U.S. Some users have forced VoLTE for T-mobile, but it's not without its own drawbacks. The reason it's such a sticking point here is because they are actively advertising and selling it in the U.S. despite this known problem.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, but not VoLTE enabled in the U.S. Some users have forced VoLTE for T-mobile, but it's not without its own drawbacks. The reason it's such a sticking point here is because they are actively advertising and selling it in the U.S. despite this known problem.

Ah so its a region thing... Okay i get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2