Soft key glitch

Medic97

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys

I just opened up my transformer pad 300 and after downloading the new firmware and google loading all my compatible apps I started to play around with the tab. During general use I started to experience graphic tearing by the Back key. I wasnt sure what it was and decided to see if it was b/c i was pushing on the screen or something. Well as my video will show you it happens on its own as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bnc7p7kc3Y

Im wondering first of all has this happened to anyone else?
Secondly, my main concern is that the hardware is bad. Is this a good enough reason to return the tab for a new one or even just return it al together? or rather i should just live with it.

I will say that after a reboot i so far have no seen it yet, however, its definitely not normal to see this and im concerned.

Thanks for your time. Let me here your thoughts guys.
-CJ

Medic97

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok well it started again. This time effecting the whole left side comes and goes no matter what screen your on and what your doing. I think im going to try and return it.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am picking this tablet up from best buy tomorrow and I will test it out to see if mine does the same thing or not. I'll update when I can tell definitively if its a hardware issue on Asus end or you just have a defective product

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the 16 GB version of the tablet. Got it from best buy today. I havent seen that glitch yet. I also haven't updated mine yet. Kind of scared to do so since you're having this issue.

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine for a few days, and have no issue. I would exchange it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Medic97

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just returned it. I can post a second video showing how bad it got on day 2 but im too scared to mess around. 30 days return and manufacture warranty only go so far. Iv never bought a unit that was new and had issues out of the box.

Another thing that bothered me which is more a matter of taste. When you look at the screen especially if its not on full brightness. It feels like your looking through glass at your screen sorta like they took a TV screen and placed it behind a glass so you have a second layer there. Idk just a personal thing i guess.

I hope none of you run into this issue but if you look at the prime it seems to be a common enough thing by them.

nathan921

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem on mine but it showed up when i started playing minecraft. The whole left side of the screen for about the width of the soft button was garbled. When i went back to the homescreen only the soft button was flickering like in your video. Restarted and havent seen it since... not sure what to do at this point. I should also note that i have been playing minecraft without problem since then.

Medic97

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem on mine but it showed up when i started playing minecraft. The whole left side of the screen for about the width of the soft button was garbled. When i went back to the homescreen only the soft button was flickering like in your video. Restarted and havent seen it since... not sure what to do at this point. I should also note that i have been playing minecraft without problem since then.

Well sorry that it happened to you, but i am glad to know i wasnt the only one. As I noted earlier i didnt see another flicker for 24hrs but the second one was even worse effecting the whole left side of the screen. Fact is i figure if its failing now before I hack it im too scared to see what will happen later. $400 maybe cheaper then other tablets but its not pennies and i work hard for my money.

In essence its up to you after 30 days its not as easy to return.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
on second transformer 300- first one had an awful full capacitive screen glitch where the whole screen would freak out for minutes at a time... seamlessly navigating to new screens and pressing buttons with zero human input.

so got the new transformer 300 today and it has the left side screen glitch!! everything else works flawlessly...just restarted and it hasn't happened since...WTF is going on here. I thought asus was a supreme company. its embarrassing because this was a gift- already returned one unit and now have a second defective unit. I hope it is temporary or I am going right through asus and demanding the 700 when it comes out :D

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
on second transformer 300- first one had an awful full capacitive screen glitch where the whole screen would freak out for minutes at a time... seamlessly navigating to new screens and pressing buttons with zero human input.

so got the new transformer 300 today and it has the left side screen glitch!! everything else works flawlessly...just restarted and it hasn't happened since...WTF is going on here. I thought asus was a supreme company. its embarrassing because this was a gift- already returned one unit and now have a second defective unit. I hope it is temporary or I am going right through asus and demanding the 700 when it comes out :D

Now all of a sudden I am having the issue with the left six of the pad having the issue where the screen is flickering. This is starting to piss me off.

Medic97

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
See what bothered me at the beginning was that when you click on any of the soft keys to the left you will notice a breakup in the graphic lines. I have Gnex so i know its not supposed to look that way in ICS. So that was the first indication that things wouldnt be so great. Secondly I returned it simply b/c I dont trust asus like i trust samsung or motorola. This was the first thing i tried from them and most likely the last.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Well little update...restarted the pad once and it has been great since...thing rocked out to a 4,000 quadrant score in performance mode and its buttery smooth. I will chalk up first problem I had as a bad unit- hoping this second unit works out fine...gonna give it a few days to make sure the left side screen glitch doesn't come back---it was nothing in comparison to the first 300 I had though- it was unusable and the whole touch screen interface was all wacked out.