Game Controllers

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone out there using a controller, BT or USB, to play games on their 300? I know Nyko is coming out with the playpad which should work great with this tablet, but I'm not sure when they'll be available for purchase. And Gamestop offers a controller for use with tablets, but the first reviewer says it won't work with his 300. I love playing games on my tablet, but I'd love it even more if I could play them with a controller instead of the touchscreen. Thanks.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I use a PS3 controller synced to my tablet via Bluetooth and the SixAxis app on the Play Store. It works fantastic. I would be careful of the GameStop controller, I have heard that it doesn't work with some newer games, like GTA3 and the new Sonic game. I have been using a PS3 controller on my tablets for a year and some with nothing bad to report about it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I have to be rooted to use the sixaxis app. Bummer. I heard back from Nyko on a release date, and I guess I'll just have to be patient. They're shooting for a late September release but they covered themselves by saying it will definitely be out in the Fall.

Thanks for the response.

rickievans

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the games top controller and don't have any problems playing gta3 or Max payne . Also all the emulators work fine with it. Also use the icade for mame games.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Reactions: mightyfacundo

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the games top controller and don't have any problems playing gta3 or Max payne . Also all the emulators work fine with it. Also use the icade for mame games.

Thanks for the feedback. Have you found any games that don't work with the controller (Shadowgun, MC3, NOVA 3, etc.)? I actually went to pick one up a minute ago, but they haven't received their shipment of them yet. Also, they have a sign up that says the controller will work will all tablets they sell, guaranteed, and they sell the 300, so I'm going to order one online and hope for the best.

rickievans

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I know shadowgun works that was one of the free games on my tablet. I bought my tablet at games top and bought the controller the same day. I've only owned mine for abut two weeks so I haven't really bought many games. But when I buy more I'll let you know how it works out.

Reactions: mightyfacundo

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I know shadowgun works that was one of the free games on my tablet. I bought my tablet at games top and bought the controller the same day. I've only owned mine for abut two weeks so I haven't really bought many games. But when I buy more I'll let you know how it works out.

I finally had some time to head across town and pick up a controller from GameStop, and like you said, it works great. Thanks again!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm having a hard time getting the controller to work with Max Payne. When I use the right stick to look around, he just turns in constant circles. What settings should I use? Thanks in advance for your help.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the gamestop controller and returned it a few days later. The build quality was terrible and it only worked well on Sonic. Other games it was shotty to terrible and a few games having the controller on caused the game to crash, like riptide for example. Still looking for a solution that doesn't suck.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC