TF 300 vs new iPad from a photographer

glensummitimage

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm new here, and relatively new to the Android community. I posted a review on my blog which is dedicated mainly to photography, on the relative merits of an Asus TF300 vs. a "new" i Pad. I have gotten a lot of "push back" since, as I choseto keep the Asus tablet and return the iPad.

I would love your comments.

Henry Smith's Cottage | Pennsylvania, The Adirondacks, Photography, Opinion, Environmental Issues, Healthcare, Politics, Outdoor activities, Power Equipment, Music… In fact, anything I want

el_bori1

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Very good review man. I also have the new iPad and Recently bought the TF700. I don't know if my TF700 is malfunctioning but for a table with a quad core processor I find that it lags too much. I'm going to return it and wait until Asus update it to Jelly Bean. I totally understand your frustration when transferring photos to the iPad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey great review. You gave both an honest chance and basically summed up my entire problem with apple products perfectly. There is no excuse for file management issues in this day and age.

The dock is the absolute best reason to have this tablet. Makes it almost as functional as a laptop and go s you great options on trips to dump files and such.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Where can you find a 36GB card? I can't find bigger than 32GB lol. Great review, i have a few buddies who love apple everything and this easily sums up why I have android instead of apple.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

genuser

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Very nice review. The one thing you skipped is my biggest disappointment with all my android devices: picture quality. As a photographer, you may not consider taking pictures with a phone or tablet. But when I don't want to drag my dslr with me, I want point and shoot quality from my phone or tablet. I always end up having my daughter take the picture with her iPhone. It out performs my EVO3d camera hands down. Same goes with iPad pictures compared to this TF300T. I love everything else about Android.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

JDMR777

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Great review I felt it honest and to point with out sounding like you had a preference. I am believe in the you made the right choice in staying with the Asus.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Outstanding review. And I love your B&W photography with the Fujifilm x100. Great blog! Keep up the content production! Your blog looks so goo, I'll ignore that you like that Canadian wingnut with the funny accent.

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the perfect example of user profile. Everyone asks what tablet/phone to get, and the basic answer is: I can't tell you. It all depends on what you want your gadgets do for you.
Keep messing around with the tablet. Read about it and root it. With that, you'll unlock the full android potential.
It indeed was very wise from you buying the two tablets and deciding from there. Even though, I can't help it but feel happy that you chose the TF300. I own one myself.
Asus still has some display things they could improve, so I see really nice things coming for Android.

On a side note, have you put your hands on a TF700?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

jaelisa

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Nice review! Last week I was faced with the same decision. I had heard an iPad was such a great tool for photographers, and since I was heading on vacation and didn't want to take a laptop this time, I headed to the store to get one, since one of our local stores had them for $40 off. I left with the TF300, also on sale. I have been using an iPod Touch for years and find it to be an almost indispensable tool for a lot of things. I love Apple products and the vast number of available apps (though 95% of them are not useful to me), but I hate iTunes and decided I didn't want the continued frustration of getting files on and off of a device. I ended up with the 32gb version of the TF300 and with an added micro SD card, had a 64gb tablet for $325 less than a comparable iPad. I love the flexibility of the device, and the ease of getting files one and off of it. There may be a handful of apps I can't get vs what I could get for the iPad, but not having to fight with iTunes makes it worth it to me. I picked up the SD Card reader, so I will be able to quickly view/ download my images on the spot. I just got the Jelly Bean upgrade a couple of days ago, so I'm good to go!

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Nice review Henry. I recently purchased the T300 and I intend to use it a lot for my amateur photography pursuits. I am still getting used to it but am looking forward to finding out all that it can do especially photography-wise. Besides the app in your review, do you have any other recommendations for apps?

trophyking

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I dont know why people state that the TF700 lags. I have one for a month now with no problems. It worked so good I was afraid to up date to Jelly Bean. But I did and WOW I cant beleave its as smooth as butter, and the pitchure quality is great, gameing is great man everything is great!! I also have the keyboard love it, gave my laptop to my son. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek