4.2 time!

JODIEJOHN

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
After 4.2 update sound does not work through HDMI when connected to HD tv. Only way to get sound to work is plug in separate ear phone jack to theater system. Wonder if any one else noticed this problem or is it just me.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that have issues with the newest update, the TF300T is notorious for failing after updates a bit, so the best thing to do is to factory reset it and start new. New Dalvik-cache, new Cache, new Data, just a clean tablet. I had to do that after the Jellybean 4.1 update from ICS due to errors left and right.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Also, I just confirmed it: Once you remove the regular lock screen clock, and you add the same one, the number(s) in the hour section are bolded. So Do Not Remove or be forever regretful!

Or just factory reset to get it back.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
After 4.2 update sound does not work through HDMI when connected to HD tv. Only way to get sound to work is plug in separate ear phone jack to theater system. Wonder if any one else noticed this problem or is it just me.

Factory reset may fix that. No promises though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ctgova

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to talk to my wife in a video chat using gtalk, and it caused my tablet to reboot. Has anyone else experienced this or tried video chatting on gtalk with success? Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

Last night I was able to video chat on gtalk without any problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Herstampness

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I updated a few nights ago and accidentally deleted the Asus digital clock format. I found (by accident) if you remove all added lock screen additions, including the digital clock, and unlock the tablet, it should revert to the Asus design without having to do a factory restore. Hope that makes sense.

So I'm not seeing photosphere at all. It that an exclusive Google device feature?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding the 4.2.1 camera to be really glitchy. Not satisfied. Can we still unlock on 4.2.1?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated a few nights ago and accidentally deleted the Asus digital clock format. I found (by accident) if you remove all added lock screen additions, including the digital clock, and unlock the tablet, it should revert to the Asus design without having to do a factory restore. Hope that makes sense.

So I'm not seeing photosphere at all. It that an exclusive Google device feature?

At the moment, apparently.

Gadgetjq

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found/tried the Miracast feature yet? With the proper adapter connected to the hdmi port on a TV, Miracast is supposed to allow seamless, wireless transfer of tablet screen to TV.

Cheers

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, what mode is everyone running that is having issues? I'm always running performance mode since it's connected to the doc, i don't know if that helps or not but i haven't had a single issue. everything is working seamlessly.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, what mode is everyone running that is having issues? I'm always running performance mode since it's connected to the doc, i don't know if that helps or not but i haven't had a single issue. everything is working seamlessly.

Same. Performance mode and dock for my long battery life.

Deegan

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that I don't like the new launcher as much. That google bar at the top looks terrible. I went back to the old launcher. WIll be interesting to see who else is sticking with the old or going with the new launcher?

BTW thanks for the pics on the update!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Went back to the old launcher. I like the Asus quick settings, and swiping down from the top (to get quick settings in 4.2) is a bit hard when the tablet is in a case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My keyboard changed, and I stuck with the old launcher. I like the fact I'm able to change my CPU settings from my notification bar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard that you saw in the posted image is the Asus keyboard. Are you currently using the stock Android keyboard? You can go to Settings/Language & Input, and change the default keyboard to the Asus keyboard.

gregchak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had performance issues with the launcher (ether one)? I am seeing issues when screen orientation changes, recent apps menu and the lock screen when the screen orientation is different when coming out of sleep from when it was put to sleep. The 4.2 launcher is very slow with these tasks, the old 4.1 is better but still slow.

Anyone else seeing this?

Deegan

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Great thanks! I'm also having trouble with my micro hdmi. I seem to not be getting any sound with my picture. I have all my volumes turned up and my tv volume up as well. I know it's my tablet because I checked the cable with the micro-hdmi on my phone and it worked just fine.

Last edited:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Great thanks! I'm also having trouble with my micro hdmi. I seem to not be getting any sound with my picture. I have all my volumes turned up and my tv volume up as well. I know it's my tablet because I checked the cable with the micro-hdmi on my phone and it worked just fine.

You're not the only one having this problem. The same thing is happening with mine and others'. I emailed Asus and they said that it's a software issue. They also recommended a factory reset, but I've already done that; it didn't help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad