so my corner was always kind of loose on my tablet, my friend told me they felt kinda cheaply constructed, so i kind of chalked it up to that. well, after 3 months my screen cracked and i had no idea how. I got an RMA tho i wasnt sure if i wanted to send it in because i assumed theyd say customer induced damage and charge me a crazy amount. Then i did a google search and found a bunch of issues with the nexus 7 and screen seperation and a 700 with the same issue and someone saying it will crack the screen if u use the dock. I just looked at mine and the top left corner is where the crack starts right at the bezel and its right where the screen is lose. its not too loose but noticeable. Anyone else have any issues with this? Think theyll go for that? or is the cracked screen automatically customer induced? as the email made it seem like that. Thanks.
    05-29-2013 10:53 PM
    I need to get my tablet replaced or repaired too, my beauty cracked.

As to an answer to your general question, the only thing the dock did to my tablet was rub off my $30 screen protector. A corner of the felt inside the dock got loose and now, my tablet looks pretty ghetto.

Here's the crack though.Screen Seperation Issue?-uploadfromtaptalk1369909313026.jpg

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2013 05:21 AM
    so my corner was always kind of loose on my tablet, my friend told me they felt kinda cheaply constructed, so i kind of chalked it up to that. well, after 3 months my screen cracked and i had no idea how. I got an RMA tho i wasnt sure if i wanted to send it in because i assumed theyd say customer induced damage and charge me a crazy amount. Then i did a google search and found a bunch of issues with the nexus 7 and screen seperation and a 700 with the same issue and someone saying it will crack the screen if u use the dock. I just looked at mine and the top left corner is where the crack starts right at the bezel and its right where the screen is lose. its not too loose but noticeable. Anyone else have any issues with this? Think theyll go for that? or is the cracked screen automatically customer induced? as the email made it seem like that. Thanks.
    Send it in so we can take a look at it. A crack is not always deemed customer induced damage. It will go into that status upon its arrival to the repair facility, but that is normal, and a lot of people freak out when it does. However, all it means is that we have flagged and will examine it. Unless its totally obvious, or if the customer says they dropped it, we take them on a case by case basis. Our techs can tell if it was broken due to impact, misuse, or if there was a defect in the framing, ect. So it's not always a lost cause. In my experience, it's very obvious when the glass break is due to some sort of impact or pressure. Those would be "CID" for sure. But we can also tell if it was broken due to poor assembly or a defective body.
    05-31-2013 05:20 PM
    Thanks a lot Asus! Tablet is repaired and waiting to be shipped home!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-24-2013 12:31 AM
    that's great news!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-25-2013 07:18 PM