System update today?

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got a system update, i didn't see any information as to what build it was, but i'll take screenshots afterwards.

Successful System Update
Successfully updated the system to
JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902

from the build number it looks like it was created September 2nd, 2013. It looks like a minor build, still 4.2.1. I saw on XDA Developers forum that it's a minor update and some are reporting less lag.. I haven't experienced any changes yet.

Keep you guys posted, if anyone else spots something feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Will look out for this, thanks! Incidentally, I just recently disabled Chrome and went back to the stock browser on my TF300, and had a noticeable increase in the overall performance. I wonder if this will be short-lived, but it's worth trying if you're not totally wedded to Chrome.

Frank Ubachs

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got a system update, i didn't see any information as to what build it was, but i'll take screenshots afterwards.

Successful System Update
Successfully updated the system to
JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902

from the build number it looks like it was created September 2nd, 2013. It looks like a minor build, still 4.2.1. I saw on XDA Developers forum that it's a minor update and some are reporting less lag.. I haven't experienced any changes yet.

Keep you guys posted, if anyone else spots something feel free to chime in.

Frank Ubachs

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I got the WW version of the system update today and I tried to install it right away. The update was initiated but failed and my system reverted to the previous, 10.6.1.15.3 build. Very disappointing. Now I wonder how I could get the kernel update installed since it does not appear anywhere on my system and when I force system update it keeps telling me it is up-to-date... :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A Google+ user alerted me to the fact that Polaris Office FINALLY got updated to version 4, which fixed the Google Drive access problem. Yippee!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed on the stock browser that there's a "Fast Scroller" feature where if you tap the right side of the screen, a slider appears that you can then move quickly up and down to scroll quickly. Is this new, or did I just never notice it before? I had been using Chrome up until recently, decided to go back to the stock Browser.

Posted via Android Central App

Deegan

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that since the update my Polaris has been messing up quite a bit. Half the document I'm reading will pop up zoomed in, and the other half will be normal. It's like I have a split screen. I've had to close the document and open it up again just so I can see it.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just did the update and my lag has turned into a Zen moment. You would think it went to sleep everytime I did anything.
I was setting up bookmarks for my wife...it's hers, but she isn't really interested in the tablet.
I feel a little guilty because I new she wouldn't be..or the keyboard either.
Anyway, it was chrome I was creating all the bookmarks for. Maybe I will uninstall and see if that speeds things up. I will chime back in if it does.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Updated today and disabled many asus apps (settings > apps). Not sure what did the trick but now its very smooth and responsive. I have a feeling that the battery my be dropping faster. Will run it for a few days and see.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4