Using my TF300T in 2017

chacalau

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I know this channel is super old, but I thought it was worth putting it on the record.

Today, and right now, I am using my TF300T, and it is a brilliant device!

About 2 months ago I rooted and flashed KatKiss N &.7.1.2.

I went through a clean install of just the apps that I need for work, which include:
Inbox (by gmail)
Calendar
Drive
Docs
Sheets
Slides
Keep
Slack
Hangouts
Photos & Snapseed
Youtube
... plus just a few other apps like Instagram and Set Orientation.

You may notice there's no browser listed above. This is because it was a huge deal trying to find the right browser. Initially I installed Chrome and found that after settling-in everything became sluggish and horrible, with lots of lag. It was unusable.

So I ditched Chrome and went looking for another browser. I tried many. Really, many! Some I ditched after 5 minutes, some after a day or two. But what I found works best was Puffin Browser!

Puffin Browser is lightning fast, and I have NO LAG. That includes switching between apps. Sometimes there is a brief amount of loading time, like 3 seconds to load Slack, or Drive, but otherwise the TF300 is speedy and a joy to use. Inbox, Calendar, Browser (Puffin) with 5 or 6 tabs, Keep, Sheets, and back... this is my work environment, and it is snappy switching between each.

With the improvements in Android UI, and some customisations in KatKiss, such as the dedicated 'switch to last App' button, I find that I am using this tablet and keyboard combo more than my Chromebook. Which made me ponder... Android is designed for touch, ChromeOS is not... the Play store is on ChromeOS now and I have the same Play Store Apps on my Chromebook, but I prefer to use Android. It is a more touch friendly UI.

So, really just putting all this out there in case anyone is interested.

Ciao.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Impressive! I got rid of my TF300T a long time ago because it developed horrible lag, even after factory resets, which I suspect was due to the FSTRIM issue.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My tf300 looks absolutely brand new with the original box and even have the keyboard… if you are interested, too much lag for me.