I recently purchased a Razr Maxx and love it. I manage all of my files on my phone from an ailing 2007 era MacBook that is on it's last legs. So I'm in the market for a new laptop like device. I'm pretty interested in the Transformer prime infinity. I back up all of my music, movies and photos to my external hard drive. I love the fact that my laptop and hard drive just mount like a drive on my computer and I'm curious as to whether or not it will be the same on the infinity. Drag and drop makes things so simple. I have no experience with android tablets and limited experience with my roommates iPad 3. I used to have an iPhone and don't care for iOS so needless to say I am uninterested in an iPad. I also download torrents straight to my hard drive and am wondering if I can do that on the infinity as well. I appreciate any feedback.
    07-02-2012 07:47 PM
    I'm sure if there's no stock way to do it, you can get something from the store. I think that you can though since SD cards can be mounted

Sent from my DROID Bionic with Android Central Forums
    07-04-2012 11:23 PM
    Set yourself up a Google Drive account. It will show on your PC as a folder, and there's a little PC app that keeps it synced with the 'cloud'. You can access all the files in your Google drive via the PC folder (& Mac?), the Google Drive app on any Android device, or any web browser.

You may also want to look into Google Music and iGoogle (which will allow the sync of the local Photos to your online photos).
    07-05-2012 09:40 AM
    Set yourself up a Google Drive account. It will show on your PC as a folder, and there's a little PC app that keeps it synced with the 'cloud'. You can access all the files in your Google drive via the PC folder (& Mac?), the Google Drive app on any Android device, or any web browser.

You may also want to look into Google Music and iGoogle (which will allow the sync of the local Photos to your online photos).
    This is if you want to keep it all synced up via Google. He's asking to plug in a USB drive and be able to use it like a mass storage device. My thoughts are that it would work similarly to plugging in an SD card, it would see what it is and mount it. That full size USB port on the dock is going to come in handy.
    07-05-2012 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD