Infinity Cases?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
any one that has a skin on the front and back of their 700, does it still slide into the keyboard dock easily?

for those who have/had a prime, did the skin ever bother when docking the tablet to the keyboard?

btw, there are a ton of skins for the 700 here:

maybe around 700 different ones to choose from

Newegg.com - asus transformer case, tf700t

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a case that isn't too bulky and will protect the tablet as well as the dock. The two below seem to be my best bets, but I'm not sold on them yet. Need to see some reviews first. I couldn't find any info about when these will be released.

Looks nice, but like it says it's a "sleeve" so it carries your Transformer but doesn't secure it in the case when you are using the tablet. Specs say it's compatible with all of the Transformer Pads with or without a dock.
ASUS - Peripherals & Accessories- ASUS VersaSleeve

I'm not a fan of cases that wrap around the edges of the screen, even if it's part of the screen I don't interact with, but this one is slim enough for me to consider it, and it protects the dock. Only good color, IMO, is the black one. Can't tell how much protection it would offer, it looks pretty flimsy from the pictures.
ASUS - Peripherals & Accessories- ASUS ASUS Transformer Pad TranSleeve Dual

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a case that isn't too bulky and will protect the tablet as well as the dock. The two below seem to be my best bets, but I'm not sold on them yet. Need to see some reviews first. I couldn't find any info about when these will be released.

Looks nice, but like it says it's a "sleeve" so it carries your Transformer but doesn't secure it in the case when you are using the tablet. Specs say it's compatible with all of the Transformer Pads with or without a dock.

I'm not a fan of cases that wrap around the edges of the screen, even if it's part of the screen I don't interact with, but this one is slim enough for me to consider it, and it protects the dock. Only good color, IMO, is the black one. Can't tell how much protection it would offer, it looks pretty flimsy from the pictures.
ASUS - Peripherals & Accessories- ASUS ASUS Transformer Pad TranSleeve Dual

Wow Thanks for sharing these. These can truly work for me and wife too. Now, only question, where are they sold? Will check on amazon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

petschska

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

I am also using this case. I am also satisfied with the it. Only flaw could be that the case obscures the rear camera. But imho if you're using a tablet to take pictures, you've got bigger problems.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

CostaKev

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I am also using this case. I am also satisfied with the it. Only flaw could be that the case obscures the rear camera. But imho if you're using a tablet to take pictures, you've got bigger problems.

Exactly lol. Only 1 question though. I cant figure out what the piece of fabric is for where the 3 stripes are located to make the device stand. It's like the shape of a U. Got any idea?

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
That case looks pretty nice. Can it also close with the keyboard attached? And does the leather wrap part separate from the rest of the case for use around the house?

petschska

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Exactly lol. Only 1 question though. I cant figure out what the piece of fabric is for where the 3 stripes are located to make the device stand. It's like the shape of a U. Got any idea?

It's for holding an SD card. I'll never use it.

pucrepeap

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know it's goofy to take pictures with a tablet, but that's actually one of the great things about the TF700. It's camera is actually good enough that you might consider using it every now and then. Because of this, having the camera blocked is a bummer. I don't want a case to inhibit any of the features on this device. Otherwise that case looks pretty good, I'd like to know if the camera slot on the case is modifiable.

Last edited:

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Got the same case as CostaKev, and am also quite satisfied with it. The part housing the tablet DOES snap off of the rest (how it actually swivels is that it swivels on the snap), so that makes it easy around the house.

Quite well made, especially for $20 from Amazon. Does have the "issue" with partly covering the camera port, but fixed that by just afixing a couple of small pieces of stiff black foam to the bottom straps of the case, which pushed it up just a tiny bit, but enough to fully expose the camera and not affect the rest of the fit of the case.

Materials are quite good, and it does have nice magnetic closures to keep the lid down when using the entire case. Access hole for the Micro-SD card doesn't perfectly line up, but how often do you swap that out anyway.

Overall, a very nice case.

sc540i

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I can position the unit enough to expose the camera opening but it still have trouble takeing picture with flash. Flare (cloudy exposure) appears with flash on. The lens is wide angle. Thick case material creates flare when flash is on. I am returning the case and looking for others.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

this is the one I just ordered. It looks like it's cheapest at B&H:
ASUS Eee Pad Versasleeve for the TF300 (Brown) 90-XB2UOKSL000B0

great because can hold the new stylus i ordered too :-D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463