Friendcaster - Anyone seeing the tablet version, not phone one

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Friendcaster but since I got my Infinity, Friendcaster just runs in "phone mode" and doesn't use the tablet UI. It's supposed to detect and show the appropriate view. Anyone using it?

I tried reinstall. I even tried before and after a factory reset.

(...I don't understand why individual apps are having all these quirks with this tablet!)

Thanks!

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine is running in phone mode too. Haven't tried fixing it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Friendcaster - Anyone seeing the tablet version, not phone on

I uninstalled it for now. Someone should email the developers that it's not displaying correctly. I'll try it again when it does though...Tweetcaster works in tablet mode, and I like it a LOT better than a stretched out Twitter app made for phones.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I uninstalled it for now. Someone should email the developers that it's not displaying correctly. I'll try it again when it does though...Tweetcaster works in tablet mode, and I like it a LOT better than a stretched out Twitter app made for phones.

If you want to email them, use this address: friendcaster@handmark.com

I think if several of us email and say we are using this new Transformer Prime Infinity, they are more likely to address the issue.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
If you want to email them, use this address: friendcaster@handmark.com

I think if several of us email and say we are using this new Transformer Prime Infinity, they are more likely to address the issue.

Sounds good

onelouderapps

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the report. It looks like there's something with the way the Transformer interacts with the app that it makes FriendCaster think it's a phone rather than a tablet. We've added this to our tracking system and it should get fixed soon.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's an email from them:
Eric H., Jul 23 05:18 pm (CDT):

Hi,

My apologies, I responded to the wrong ticket. I sent you a reply I was composing for one of our 1Weather customers.

We had your report and another over the weekend of this issue on this same device (Transformer). Our development team will need to investigate. The app determines which layout to show you based on what the device tells it, so we may need to look into in the case of this device why a 10" screen is calling the phone layout.

I'll leave this ticket open until we figure something out.

Thank you

onelouderapps

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

The latest 5.0.9.2 update has now been published to Play.

Thanks for letting us know.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
The latest 5.0.9.2 update has now been published to Play.

Thanks for letting us know.

They need to fix a privacy issue with the notifications now. Here's another email:
This all happened due to a change that Facebook has made to the way their API works. The data we get from Facebook now includes the sender ID and the recepient's ID, but no ID for the actual post. So, the change in yesterday's update pulls the post ID from the URL itself. Unfortunately, it appears that in cases where the notification is for an item outside your account, this is triggering some kind of privacy rule. If you look at a notification related to your own post, those should work (I.E. "Bob commented on your post") those should be fine. It's instances where it is someone else's post where the problem arises. Our development team are continuing to investigate to see what they can do.

Thank you

EDIT: they fixed it, but now I'm going back to the person's wall in notifications

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463