Transformer Infinity - incompatibilities?

aalexzander

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that Fieldrunners seems to play really slowly. I tried Zynga Poker and took me 4 re launches to get it to stop quiting. There are others but I can't remember them off the top of my head. My question is, are you guys also having difficulty with games you're used to using prior to getting the TF700?

Thanks,

Alex

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex, yeah I don't think anyone was able to successfully open Draw Something either. I have fieldrunners too, though I haven't yet tried it. After I get a chance I'll report back. I know there are still problems with many other apps, though I know as with almost any new device, they'll eventually get ironed out.

Maybe we can use this thread to label and list the apps that don't work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

aalexzander

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, starting a thread with known good games would also be great. So far it's pretty hit and miss. My Galaxy Note 10.1 is new and it runs everything I throw at it.

rosse912003

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had my asus infinity for about a month now and i think it is great. I love the screen and the battery management.
I have noticed however some unexpected closures on apps like Google Maps. This has been frustrating and i tried to clear the memory but it was only a minor help. A full reboot assisted a lot, but i never had this problem with my trusty acer a500, and i am a little surprised. But overall i think this a a terrific tablet...
Has anyone resolved my crash issue???

aalexzander

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had my asus infinity for about a month now and i think it is great. I love the screen and the battery management.
I have noticed however some unexpected closures on apps like Google Maps. This has been frustrating and i tried to clear the memory but it was only a minor help. A full reboot assisted a lot, but i never had this problem with my trusty acer a500, and i am a little surprised. But overall i think this a a terrific tablet...
Has anyone resolved my crash issue???

I have had the same issues with apps like GMail. It is Android 4.0.3 so maybe that's it. At least ASUS is known for kicking out updates very quickly, but yeah I feel the same way. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 as well as this Transformer Infinity, and for now the Note is kicking this things butt. Asus needs to do a few bug fixes. This thing seems to leak memory or something. I really like that it is a lot like a laptop. That's why I bought it. And the screen is nice and crisp. I paid $750 after tax with the keyboard and tablet, I'd like to see it work much better than it does.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

rosse912003

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Alex, I am sure you are correct about the bug fixes Asus will pump out, it is just I am impatient for those updates. By the way, I tried Fieldrunners last night and it played without a hitch. Same response as on my A500. But I am still crashing out of Maps ....
Roll on the Jelly Bean upgrade!!!!:D

aalexzander

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Alex, I am sure you are correct about the bug fixes Asus will pump out, it is just I am impatient for those updates. By the way, I tried Fieldrunners last night and it played without a hitch. Same response as on my A500. But I am still crashing out of Maps ....
Roll on the Jelly Bean upgrade!!!!:D

Pinch the screen in field runners. Sorry for the short reply, broke my collar bone today in bicycle accident.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

vicnice02

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I must say, I'm very displeased with my Asus Infinity tablet. I bought a Ipad 3 weeks prior to purchasing this Tablet and I suppose my standards were high but boy has this tablet let me down.

First off, the tablets UI is very slow and buggy. Doesn't feel smooth at all. The tablet has crashed several times and when is not crashing is freezing so I find myself rebooting it. If you go to any website that has videos ( worldstarhiphop, liveleak,etc) and try to watch the videos posted,it is a hit and miss. The tablet sometimes will play the videos smoothly but most of the time crashes.

This is not what I was expecting when I bought this tablet. I'm going to hold on to the tablet hoping that Jelly Bean will fix most of the problems I'm experiencing.

It's sad because I'm the only one who uses the tablet in my house, my girlfriend and son won't even touch it. They go straight for the Ipad and it saddens me because we all have Android phones and prefer Android over IOS.

Come on Asus, lets get this thing to work right.

aalexzander

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ouch..Sorry to hear about the accident..get well soon.
Will try the pinch test ... Thanks:-\

Very active person. I break stuff. Ribs toes, my hand, now my collar bone. Pulled hamstrings severely a few times. If I wasn't falling apart all the time I'd be Olympic. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Scarab

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I don't put it through it's paces like others who are more "power user" types. I use it everyday, but no gaming. It's mostly used for email, video calling, messaging, browsing and news reading, pretty simple stuff.

So far only 1 app has crashed my Infinity, it's the Pulse news reader app and it's happened 3 times, each amid a refresh pulling down new headlines. Gmail and other apps I use, not 1 crash yet.