Should I get a tf700 or a nexus 7?

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about a tablet because of a newegg gift card I received from my hp tp that died. Should I get a tf700 or a nexus 7? Any help would be great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
That's a loaded question. What are you looking to use it for? The infinity has the attachable keyboard and with the larger screen it's a closer replacement for a laptop. I was looking at the nexus also but the screen was better for books but not a lot else. And most importantly, the nexus has no memory slot so you're stuck with either 8 or 16gb and I don't like counting on the cloud too much. And of course there's the price.... The infinity is almost double the 16gb nexus the last time I checked.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have both, and from my perspective, it comes down to screen real estate (I am not referring to screen size, mainly the screen resolution) versus portability.

If you get the keyboard dock for the Inifinity it changes the comparison substantially because you basically have an Android laptop with insane battery life. Adding a full sized USB port adds nearly limitless flexibility which is a hard benefit to ignore.

I would say it comes down to what you will use it for, you can't really go wrong with either one if they meet your needs. I use both extensively but they serve different purposes.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there's really no comparison. They are two very different devices aimed at two very different markets and sold at two very different price points. As has been pointed out, the TF700 is twice the price of the Nexus 7, and if you get the keyboard dock then it's another $125-$150 on top of that. But overall it is a far more capable device.

On the other hand, if you're looking for an inexpensive entry point into Android tablets, it's hard to go wrong with a Nexus 7. There's also something to be said about the smaller form-factor when it comes to doing lots of reading. IMO either one is a winner, but it's a matter of what you want from it. I use my TF700 with a dock and take it with me when I travel as a laptop replacement. If I need something that's only available on Windows, I can always remote into my PC at home (Splashtop THD works well for this) and do it remotely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781