Mobile Dock questions

gsmwf360

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Manual not very detailed.

Is there a keystroke combination or something for a "del" function when typing? Hate having to use backspace to delete.

Also, what is the purpose of the white circle on the 1, 6, PgUp,, and PgDn keys?

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

gsmwf360

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out. Hold the shift key then backspace works as a delete key.

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The 700 user manual states that the tablet cannot be charged while it's attached to the dock. So in other words you have to charge them separately, but the tablet can stay docked while you charge the dock if you want to. The Pg Up and Pg Dn keys are used with the Fn key. I couldn't find info about the 1 and 6 keys.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually, whenever the tablet is attached to the dock, the dock's battery will charge the tablet. So when the dock charges and the tablet is in the dock, you charge both at the same time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's what the manual says. Charge the tablet separately, or put it in the dock and charge both. Or you can charge the dock by itself and then it's ready to charge the tablet at some other time in case you're away from an electrical source. Great concept!

srice435

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I was reading this post and read that you can charge the keyboard and dock at the same time. This morning I connected the two so they can charge at the same time but a few hours later I went back to check and my keyboard said 100% while the tablet didn't charge at all. I made sure the two were connected properly so I have no idea what could be going wrong. Any ideas?

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Did both leds show green? I always connect the tablet to the dock and charge them both. At first, the leds glow orange, but after a few hours, one and then the other will show green and both tablet and keyboard are charged 100%. I make sure that the tablet is powered off so that they will both charge as fast as possible.

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had my tablet and dock for almost a month and have had no problems charging but out of no where when I connected the tablet to the dock it should being using the battery from the dock now but for some reason it's still using up my tablet battery but then I just noticed that it's just now starting to change over and showing that it;s charging the tablet so I guess it only does that when the tablet battery get's to a certain percentage? I wish it would start charging it right away, is there a way in the settings to do that because I looked and couldn't find anything.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
You can't immediately charge the tablet via the dock, UNLESS the charger is connected to the dock (or the table itself) OR if the tablet battery % is below 75% (when connected to the dock).
Even if the dock has 100% battery, it won't charge the tablet unless the tablet has 75% or less (I believe that's the number).
So, you are correct in your thinking, however, I do not think there's a way to change that (perhaps only on a custom rom = rooted device)
Asus did this to possibly help lengthen the tablets battery, if I remember correctly from reading in past.

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I understand the reason but I do wish there was a way to switch it for your own needs for example, I'll be using the tablet on the dock right off the charger and then I'll want to disconnect them so I can use the tablet on its own but the batteries been run down just from using it in "laptop/tablet mode" and that's where it becomes a little frustrating. It would be nice to have more setting options for that for this reason, for me anyways.

On a side note - I wondered the same thing about the keys and even asked the guy at Best Buy when I bought it (he owns the 300) and he didn't know either but since I usually end up typing in darker rooms and the keys aren't backlit (like I wish they were) that it actually helps me find keys since I know which ones have the white dots on them and knowing whats around them. I'm not sure if that was the actual purpose or not but if I remember correctly the Windows Asus Dock didn't have those but that dock is done differently in a few different ways besides that, some of which I like and some, not so much.

Last edited: