Jelly Bean Thread

Podagrower

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Just updated, using my foxfi hotspot at the tire store, multitasking at it's finest. Now to find out how she runs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i appear to be in the same boat. not rooted locked boot loader. update DL and installed ok but once it finished optimizing all the apps it has put me in a bootloop anyone have any great ideas before i suck it up and factory reset it.

EDIT:factory reset fixed it

Last edited:

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Still no update here. Is there any way to download it manually and install? I'm impacient.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Got my updates today (my Infinity and my Dad's). Update went fine, everything seems to still work just fine, including Flash using Boat browser (and the older version of Dolphin, which I'll be uninstalling). Definitely seems snappier and more responsive. Scrolling is butter smooth, like my Nexus 7 and GNex. No real change in appearance that I can find, my settings and such like remained totally in tact, and nothing tried to uninstall Flash during the process. Obviously Chrome doesn't support Flash, but my other browsers seemed to work just fine with it.

Kind of hard to say what all is feeling "snappier", likely because pretty much everything does. Also seem to have higher WiFI strength from my same network and same places than before, not tons more, but enough to make a noticeable difference. So now I'm Jelly Bean 4.1.1 across the board, Nexus 7 has it, as does my Samsung/Google Nexus (best unlocked phone on earth for the money, and in most other ways as well). I do find myself using the Nexus 7 more than the other two devices combined. It seems to perform better than even the now "JB'd" Infinity, and better than the GNexus as well. Soooo, if you're only going to get one, I'd still say the N7 delivers seriously more bang for the buck than the Infinity. Mine is a pre-ordered C60 serial#, and I have yet to find a single flaw with it.

As browsers go I'm pretty much sticking to Boat, I do love to get good updates, and I can't let Dolphin update or it wipes out Flash support. I do wish Boat would "borrow" a couple things from Dolphin (like the handwriting commands, very clever), and the ability to set the macine to look like a Desktop or iPad/iPhone to the receiving site. Both very handy, and unique to Dolphin. Between these guys (and the original browser which still remains quite functional if your machine already had it as part of ICS) all work better than Chrome IMHOP. As Google continue to improve Chrome and as the world moves more to HTML5 containers instead of Flash, our world will just keep getting better.

Had my first real production experience of using the Infinity with it's keyboard dock today, and it was actually far better than I figured it would be. You can still use the screen same as normal, but you've got a much better keyboard experience to deal with as well. I'll probably plug a normal rhodent into the USB port on the dock, Pretty much the best of both worlds. I've got the 64GB version, with a 32GB micro SD in it, and a 64GB SD card in the keyboard, so it's actually quite a bit of storage available (actually amounts to around 150GB available), plus I can plug my powered 2 TB drive into the base station and really have a powerful setup. Does most everything I do/did on my MacBook Air, and is no bigger or heavier, so the Air is headed for eBay land. Probably do the same with my iPad (original 32GB) and my IPhone 16f\Gb 3GS as well. I'm keeping my Gen6 Nano though, everybody needs a watch don't we ?

May seem silly to have all 3 of these, but they all do different things and for different circumstances. And all this stuff works incredibly well together

Soooo no future notebook/netbook for me!

jarbre

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Updated to Jellybean last night.
Everything went fine. Downloading and installing firmware, updating apps, automatic restarts etc.
But somewhere along the line, something went wrong.
The OS never started up. the tab stayed on the: "ASUS inspiring innovation, persistent perfection" page, with revolving dots, and never finished starting up. first for 1?hours, then I rebooted, same thing, cold reboot, same thing.
So now my infinity is stuck like this. I can't turn it off, if I press and hold the power, it just reboots, and hangs at the same place.
Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm starting to think that a factory reset is the only option from here. But how do you do that, when you can't get to the OS settings? Is there a thing to do during cold reboot?

Help is much appreciated.
J

bettylove54

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I did it yesterday evening . It took about 10 really long minutes. Speed increased by 3 times faster screen transitions awesome, browsers much quicker load time 2 to 3 times faster. new item added google cards, looks promising. Overall a seamless update cannot speak about battery drain yet, connectivity seems better. google maps updated to latest version. Gotta go make the donuts?.:D

Checker

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the update last night. No problems with the download or installation. Afterwards everything was running much smoother than it had been and the pad is much more stable than it had been. No lock ups or restarts in two hours of constant use. I hadn't been able to say that before jelly bean. It made it much more pleasurable to use.

jcgso

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
JB Download and installtion were problem free. Amazing how much faster everything is. One problem I had with ICS, I was hoping JB would clear up, but no luck. When using stock browser, it just goes away completely, back to the home screen. I never know when it will suddenly happen. Anyone else have this issue?

Fafaflunkie

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You asked how the sweet Jelly Bean tasted in my TF700T, so now I reply: Yum yum yum. Although I did have an issue the first time I tried downloading the sweetness of Jelly Bean--the tablet would get to 99% then stay there. WTF I wondered. So I tried again and it worked without a hitch the 2nd time.

Though what did scare me when I first fired up the tablet with its new Jelly Bean goodness was when I first came across Google Now. Sure it told me the weather, but it also told me when the next three buses were leaving from the bus stop closest to me. This. Seems. Creepy. Google's stalking me? Hopefully not, but it sure opened up my eyes about what the folks in Mountain View know about me.

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Though what did scare me when I first fired up the tablet with its new Jelly Bean goodness was when I first came across Google Now. Sure it told me the weather, but it also told me when the next three buses were leaving from the bus stop closest to me. This. Seems. Creepy. Google's stalking me? Hopefully not, but it sure opened up my eyes about what the folks in Mountain View know about me.

If you think that's creepy, that's just tracking where your device goes each day, Target can predict when people are pregnant (sometimes before the woman knows it) based upon the purchases on your Target card and sends you coupons for baby stuff.

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
---------- Post Merged at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Do u lose or have to re-install all ur apps when u do a factory reset on the Infinity with JB?

Yes you will lose them, except the ones that came with your device preloaded. You will have to log in to google play and it will automatically download them and update them, some apps/games/widgets that are not compatible with JB you will lose. That`s what happened to me, no biggie.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci