Any way to adjust the automatic brightness?

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The automatic brightness is a little dimmer than I'd like. Is there any way to step it up some? I'd like to use the auto function rather than adjust it manually all the time.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

mikenzinbfe

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
if you haven't got it yet, lower rt corner click for the menu. on top is the slider bar, set where you like and then to the right click/press auto.

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
When I hit the automatic brightness box it immediately goes too dim no matter where I have the slider.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Uh, yes because the "automatic" setting overrides the slider (manual setting). You could set the display to IPS+ and it will be brighter. Bottom line is you can't have automatic brightness if you want to control the brightness yourself. Those are mutually exclusive.

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was asking, if you could adjust the auto brightness. The one post said you could do it that way, but it didn't work.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I tend to use manual brightness control because it seems the auto function is kind of slow to respond. Maybe the next Jelly Bean update (4.2) will fix it.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Reading comprehension is not what it once was in this country :eek: I understood what the OP was asking on my first read.

Automatic brightness on the Infinity is atrocious. It was just as bad on my Prime. I'd figure they'd have fixed it on the Infinity at least. The slider is dynamic, so it will move on its own as the tablet senses more light on Automatic. The problem is that Asus has not done a good job configuring the settings. My guess is that Asus wants to pad the battery performance of its tablets by dimming the screens to the max unless you are in the sun or next to an overpowering light source, but then you don't get to enjoy the gorgeous screen!! Custom ROMS, like AOKP on my Galaxy Nexus will let you adjust screen brightness depending on your custom light levels.

I just ended up getting an app that controls the light sensor much better. It's called "Lux Auto Brightness" https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...DEsImNvbS52aXRvLmx1eC5mcmVlIl0&token=PN4Agn7C. They also have a Donate version if you want to reward them for the great app.

So far it works much better than the stock Auto Brightness on my Infinity. And if you find it needs adjusting, you can adjust it to what feels more comfortable for you in different lighting settings, and it's easier to do than it is in a custom rom. Just make sure you disable the Asus auto brightness in lower right if you use Lux.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae